Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching this forum for a long time and came so close to buying the JX, but in the end I bought the Mercedes ML 350, because of all the little problems some of you have had like dash rattles, rear end noisesc etc. I just figured it not best to buy a first year car. I really liked the car but in the Phoenix area every one has the monitors and I dont have kids, so to get what I wanted I had to buy things I didnt want, well maybe next time, once it has been out for a while. Hope you all get thru the problems and enjoy your Infinity JX.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well, good for you. THe ML350 was also on my list. But in the end I decided not to buy it for the same reason. There are too many complaints on the forum for it, and it was not a first model year.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
We traded in a 2001 Mercedes ML, and the 2012 was on our list. Very nice car but it just didn't have the seating capability of the JX. This is our second 1st year car, and like you had a lot of concerns based on some of the comments on the web. A big deciding factor was that we have a long history with Nissan products and that the engine and most of the technology is pretty well tested. Enjoy your new ML and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's Infiniti. Good luck w/ your ML. I test drove a GL...much closer vehicle to the JX and the vehicle drove better than the JX...but other than that it was not as family friendly (not even close). MB makes nice vehicles...but they are far from perfect.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It's Infiniti. Good luck w/ your ML. I test drove a GL...much closer vehicle to the JX and the vehicle drove better than the JX...but other than that it was not as family friendly (not even close). MB makes nice vehicles...but they are far from perfect.
I really like the outside of the GL, however the inside is horrible. Cheap materials, monitors are afterthought, nav is generations behind, push-button start is an option. The list goes on and on.

I then went to Edmunds reviews and read about all the fires people are having in their garage. Freaked my wife out.

In the end, I still think the GL exterior is much better looking, but the JX should have better quality (based on general Nissan/Infiniti products and experience with a 1st model year M35) and the interior where I spend 99% of the time looks 100x better.

Again, IMHO

·
Registered
321 Posts
ML is a five seater as is the RX...shouldnt even be compared to from the beginning.

JX should only be compared to an MDX, Q7, GL, X5, and MKT to be consistent to a luxury brand, V6, and a seven seater. Keep me in mind though that the Q7, GL, and X5 can get pretty pricey with all the packages.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts