Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
As far as I know you just need to turn them on? I could be wrong, I listen to XM while I am driving, my kids are watching through the USB and listening on the headphones; haven't had an issue yet.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
/\/\ I'm pretty sure they know which screen you're in front of. So they play different things if you have different video on the two screens (e.g. dvd on one and ps2 on the other).

·
Registered
275 Posts
I thought you had to toggle the switch to change from Left to Right Screen. I've never had the pleasure of using these headphones. So I don't know :)

/\/\ I'm pretty sure they know which screen you're in front of. So they play different things if you have different video on the two screens (e.g. dvd on one and ps2 on the other).

·
Registered
524 Posts
You can simply change the source to FM, and the headphones will continue playing DVD while the car speakers play the radio.

This approach doesn't work for bluetooth and DVD.

Does anyone know how to enable DVD/headphones and have the car speakers stream audio bluetooth? This allows my kid to watch his videos while I listen to my internet music.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wife took the JX to service today - asking "why don't the headphones work during USB playback". Service answer is "wireless headphones don't work with USB playback". Is there confirmation that USB does work with the headphones? I've gotten it to work with DVD, so I know the headphones are functional (and I've had them work in the front seat too). (I love being able to go back to service and tell them they're idiots.)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Headphones work with USB playback, I can confirm this as my kids watch their movies through USB. I'm usually listening to the radio or XM.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hmmm... I'm still waiting for my ordered JX, but I'm betting that 1 headphone is for the left and the other is for the right. I.e. - I highly doubt the headphones "know" which one you're sitting in front of... can someone verify either way?

·
Registered
10 Posts
This was one of the first features I HAD to figure out when I brought my new JX home. Mommy told our toddler that we were getting a car with TVs and she was VERY excited to see this for herself.

I struggled for a few minutes at first set up with this exact question. When set to DVD, the movie audio would play through the headphones and the JX speakers. Switching to another audio source (XM, AM/FM, e.g.) would keep the movie playing through the headphones, but the speakers would be broadcasting the other audio source.

And I can confirm as well that the headphones have a L/R selector switch on each, as well as a power button (that supposedly has an auto-off feature, per the sales guy) and a volume dial.

One of the more useful things our sales guy told us? The headphones fit really well in the side door bottle holders. He said that they were designed for them, but whether or not that's the truth, they do work well for that purpose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts