Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no mystery to getting rid of the " garbage truck backing up" beeping sound. All you have to do is unplug the beeper. That's it. Simple right. HA! The easy part is knowing what to do, the hard part is finding the beeper and then reaching it. Here's how I did it.

First, remove the spare tire. Then get a strong flashlight and a long, about 10 to 12 inches, thin straight edge screwdriver. Now lay on your back underneath the rear bumper over toward the passenger side. Look up at the inside of the rear bumper a few inches to the right of the exhaust tailpipe. You will notice two funny looking electrical plugs attached to the bumper that are fairly easy to reach. Sorry, that's not it. Shine your flashlight a little to the right and above the two plugs. You will see an aluminum bumper, on top of the bumper you will see a 1 1/2" thick layer of black styrofoam. If you look closely you will notice a small cutout in th styrofoam about 1/2" deep and about 3" wide. Still not there, you still need to look deeper into the bumper. Above the cutout you will see a black wiring harness. It is kind of in the way of what you need to see. Behind the harness you will see a little metal box, about 2" x 2" and only about a 1/2" thick attached to the back wall of the bumper. When you feel up there you will notice the wiring harness has a short branch,just an inch or two, that plugs into that little metal box on it's bottom. The plug has a clasp on it's left side where it enters the box. This is where it gets tough. Use the screwdriver to push the clasp into the plug and at the same time give the screwdriv a downward motion. I got mine out in just a couple of tries. When it pops out all you will hear when the hatch opens is the sound of birds chirping. If you enjoy annoying your neighbors at 5 in the morning when you go fishing you can always plug the beeper back in. Sounds easy doesn't it. Let me know how it goes

Good luck!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sounds easy, just troublesome.

Clarification: Does it affect any other sounds?

There is no mystery to getting rid of the " garbage truck backing up" beeping sound. All you have to do is unplug the beeper. That's it. Simple right. HA! The easy part is knowing what to do, the hard part is finding the beeper and then reaching it. Here's how I did it.

First, remove the spare tire. Then get a strong flashlight and a long, about 10 to 12 inches, thin straight edge screwdriver. Now lay on your back underneath the rear bumper over toward the passenger side. Look up at the inside of the rear bumper a few inches to the right of the exhaust tailpipe. You will notice two funny looking electrical plugs attached to the bumper that are fairly easy to reach. Sorry, that's not it. Shine your flashlight a little to the right and above the two plugs. You will see an aluminum bumper, on top of the bumper you will see a 1 1/2" thick layer of black styrofoam. If you look closely you will notice a small cutout in th styrofoam about 1/2" deep and about 3" wide. Still not there, you still need to look deeper into the bumper. Above the cutout you will see a black wiring harness. It is kind of in the way of what you need to see. Behind the harness you will see a little metal box, about 2" x 2" and only about a 1/2" thick attached to the back wall of the bumper. When you feel up there you will notice the wiring harness has a short branch,just an inch or two, that plugs into that little metal box on it's bottom. The plug has a clasp on it's left side where it enters the box. This is where it gets tough. Use the screwdriver to push the clasp into the plug and at the same time give the screwdriv a downward motion. I got mine out in just a couple of tries. When it pops out all you will hear when the hatch opens is the sound of birds chirping. If you enjoy annoying your neighbors at 5 in the morning when you go fishing you can always plug the beeper back in. Sounds easy doesn't it. Let me know how it goes

Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts

Good luck!
I purchased my JX35 in April. I have what seems to me to be a very weak beep when the hatch raises. When the hatch comes up in the garage, it cannot be heard inside the house.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bigdog 3404....I nominate your helpful tip to reduce my annoyance with this vehicles beeps and buzzers as POST OF THE YEAR!! :) I have been trying to figure an easy way to disable this beep for 6 months. I followed your steps exactly and it worked out perfect!! No other warnings were disabled, lights still flash when raising and lowering. It took me longer to lower and raise the spare tire than disconnect the plug. Thank You, Thank You, ThankYou!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
It does take a long time to lower and raise the spare doesn't it. Thank goodness for Infiniti's roadside assistance. I'm glad you found the post helpful.
Spark plug socket and a long extension stored with the jack comes to mind. That's what I used to lower and raise the spare when disconnecting the beeper. Definitely was the longest part of the operation!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.