Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
7-8 years. Selling my 2005 MDX for the JX. My suggestion, if you plan on holding that long, get the vehicle loaded. My 8-year old MDX has Nav, Entertainment package, good stereo, etc. Would have sold it before without those features. You get a JX with the safety features and tech package and it will be "current" for that long.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm planning on keeping for at least 8-10 years or until it starts to break down. This is the first year model so I'm a bit nervous. Already looked at the MDX and the 3rd row seat is a joke. Hope some local infiniti dealerships start carrying the JX soon so I can compare. I need the 2nd row to be able to fit 2 baby car seats rear facing and be able to let 3rd row seaters in-n-out without removing the baby seats. If anyone has any idea if this JX can do this, please let me know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For me I just usually wait until I fall out of love with it. When I dont feel like driving it anymore or I just get bored of it. I only buy cars that I enjoy owning but when I dont enjoy it anymore thats a pretty clear sign for me to move on and get something new.

·
Registered
42 Posts
7-8 years. Selling my 2005 MDX for the JX. My suggestion, if you plan on holding that long, get the vehicle loaded. My 8-year old MDX has Nav, Entertainment package, good stereo, etc. Would have sold it before without those features. You get a JX with the safety features and tech package and it will be "current" for that long.
I completely agree with this. My car is 8 years old and my wife's car is 5 years old. Both were purchased fully loaded, so they have features that still feel current today. Therefore, we have less desire to get rid of them.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm planning on keeping for at least 8-10 years or until it starts to break down. This is the first year model so I'm a bit nervous. Already looked at the MDX and the 3rd row seat is a joke. Hope some local infiniti dealerships start carrying the JX soon so I can compare. I need the 2nd row to be able to fit 2 baby car seats rear facing and be able to let 3rd row seaters in-n-out without removing the baby seats. If anyone has any idea if this JX can do this, please let me know.
I don't see why it wouldn't. They advertise that you can get 3rd row access without having to move baby seat in the 2nd row.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can have both carseat's; but only the passenger side has the feature where you can keep the carseat in and still access third row.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.