Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of us plan on keeping this forever but to those that dont. How long do you think you'll keep it until you move on to something newer and better?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i usually keep it around for 5 years before moving on to something newer and better. sometimes less depending on if i find any good deals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
7-8 years. Selling my 2005 MDX for the JX. My suggestion, if you plan on holding that long, get the vehicle loaded. My 8-year old MDX has Nav, Entertainment package, good stereo, etc. Would have sold it before without those features. You get a JX with the safety features and tech package and it will be "current" for that long.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will keep it for about 10 years unless something major happens or breaks on it. Otherwise I would be keeping it for at least 10 years.....maybe more depending on how I feel about it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
TBH I keep until I really start having problems and buying a new car makes more sense than paying for repairs. I would say this ranges from about 5-10years. I don't usually buy new but buy used.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm planning on keeping for at least 8-10 years or until it starts to break down. This is the first year model so I'm a bit nervous. Already looked at the MDX and the 3rd row seat is a joke. Hope some local infiniti dealerships start carrying the JX soon so I can compare. I need the 2nd row to be able to fit 2 baby car seats rear facing and be able to let 3rd row seaters in-n-out without removing the baby seats. If anyone has any idea if this JX can do this, please let me know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For me I just usually wait until I fall out of love with it. When I dont feel like driving it anymore or I just get bored of it. I only buy cars that I enjoy owning but when I dont enjoy it anymore thats a pretty clear sign for me to move on and get something new.

·
Registered
42 Posts
7-8 years. Selling my 2005 MDX for the JX. My suggestion, if you plan on holding that long, get the vehicle loaded. My 8-year old MDX has Nav, Entertainment package, good stereo, etc. Would have sold it before without those features. You get a JX with the safety features and tech package and it will be "current" for that long.
I completely agree with this. My car is 8 years old and my wife's car is 5 years old. Both were purchased fully loaded, so they have features that still feel current today. Therefore, we have less desire to get rid of them.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm planning on keeping for at least 8-10 years or until it starts to break down. This is the first year model so I'm a bit nervous. Already looked at the MDX and the 3rd row seat is a joke. Hope some local infiniti dealerships start carrying the JX soon so I can compare. I need the 2nd row to be able to fit 2 baby car seats rear facing and be able to let 3rd row seaters in-n-out without removing the baby seats. If anyone has any idea if this JX can do this, please let me know.
I don't see why it wouldn't. They advertise that you can get 3rd row access without having to move baby seat in the 2nd row.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can have both carseat's; but only the passenger side has the feature where you can keep the carseat in and still access third row.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts