Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I assumed that these big wheels and small sidewalls on this big of a vehicle wouldn't last very long when we bought the car... at 34k miles the tread is 3/32nd depth, I guess basically bare! I'm going to get a set of Pirelli XL rated tires from Discount Tire instead of the Bridgestone Duelers, they are warrantied for 65k miles so hopefully they last a bit longer!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you have your JX re-aligned after 15K miles, and rotate the tires at every oil change (every 5k miles)? I do, it really helps to extend the life of tires. I had 20R Bridgestone Duelers on my prior vehicle (a 2010 Buick Enclave), and I was on track to get over 50K miles out of them when I traded it on my QX60.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi rooster, I had them rotated every 5k-6k miles. I didn't have the vehicle re-aligned though. My wife picked up a nail in the sidewall last year around 17k miles, so we had to replace one of the tires then, I wonder if that difference in tread is what threw off the rest of them?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm with you... I just had mine in at 19k miles (about 3 wks ago) and I'm at 4/32 already. Did a long driving trip with the family and now at 22k miles. Guessing I'll have to replace them before winter which isn't good. On the positive side, I did pick up a nail yesterday and the road hazard warranty I paid for when I bought the car is picking up the cost.

Whatever I end up going with, it for sure isn't going to be these same tires. For a $50k+ family vehicle they should at least put tires on that'll last 50k miles. It's BS in my mind. I could understand if it was a Porsche and they had performance in mind, or if this was your run of the mill Chevy Malibu and they used whatever was cheapest. It irks me when my Hummer H3 had the stock tires with decent tread still on them at 84k miles when I traded it in, and this one I'm looking at tires (and brakes too...not sure I want to get started on that one right now) at 22k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts