Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The JX that I was shown this weekend had a lift gate that did not open very high. I'm 6' 5" and the edge was at about eye level standing next to it. Is the open height adjustable? Anyone over 6' tall have trouble getting under the lift gate? I'm wondering how many times I will hit my head on it getting my son's stroller in and out of the back.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
The height is adjustable. The manual describes how to do this.
I'm 6' 1" and I have hit my head on the corner of the lift gate several times. It is adjustable as mentioned but I was so used to the Armada and have to pay attention when opening the lift gate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the procedure difficult to do? Could any put the instructions? The Salesmen that I spoke with said it couldn't be done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm 6'3" and I've bonked my head on the tailgate a couple of times. I think the highest it goes is about 6'0". It is adjustable, just stop it where you want it to stop and press and hold the button is I think the procedure.

·
Registered
209 Posts
to reprogram the lift gate.
1. Lift the gate (manually or automagically).
2. Push the gate up further, if it cannot go further, then that's as high as it'll go.
3. Push the Close Gate button on the liftgate and hold it until you hear several beeps.
And you're done.
To reset it to a lower setting, do the same, only push it down to a lower level and push the same button.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts