Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search and could not find any threads of this issue.

I hear a high pitch sound when driving. Not a high pitch wind sound, high pitch electronic sound.
Sounds sort of like after a concert you get that ringing in your ear.

Its coming from inside the car. The EX35 has this issue also, was coming from the ECM.

I wont even bother taking it to the dealers, they couldnt hear my dash rattle after 3 tries. Its like they diagnose without taking their earplugs out. 3rd time I picked up the jx they had the radio cranked up, how do you hear the dash rattle like that?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try listening to a/c blower. It would be loudest coming from under the glove compartment.

Our a/c has a high pitch swirl, but it has only done 3 times, and none of those times have been during the service department test drive, so it hasn't been corrected.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
along the lines of yos' suggestion, see if the pitch changes with fan settings. If so, that's your culprit.
not the fans or ac. its an electronic ring type sound. seems like it only happens when I have the prevention nannies on. I hear that ac/ fan too but its not it, actually i kind of like that fan wirling sound :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
not the fans or ac. its an electronic ring type sound. seems like it only happens when I have the prevention nannies on. I hear that ac/ fan too but its not it, actually i kind of like that fan wirling sound :)
Oh. That is the master and brake booster engaging the frontal collision system.

You should be hearing it from in front of the steering wheel area.

Turn the radio and ac off. Drive around with the DCA front collision prevention on. When it engages, you should be hearing a buzzing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts