Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you put a cargo box on top of this car? I'm finding mixed conclusions. I was going to buy one tomorrow but definitely need the roof rack box. Does anyone have one on their JX?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Can you put a cargo box on top of this car? I'm finding mixed conclusions. I was going to buy one tomorrow but definitely need the roof rack box. Does anyone have one on their JX?
Take a look at this previous thread. One member posted some pictures of the Thule Atlantis 1600 on his car. http://www.infinitijxforum.com/showthread.php/793-cargo-carrier-for-factory-cross-bars

One thing to consider if you want one that isn't on a manufacturer's list is that it doesn't block the antenna. It might cut out the XM satelite signal if thats something you use.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry Dude, that bis the ugliest roof top box I have seen, I just ordered the Thule 635B Sonic XL Black. There are other threads with pictures of Thule boxes on a JX
+1 Seriously, rakesh, you need to be moderated for even suggesting that super ugly box. That thing belongs on a...actually, it DOESN"T belong on any car let alone an Infiniti....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well its a cargo box. They all look out of place. It's not meant for beauty but for function.
I couldn't disagree more. I was going to post a pic of that Sears box, but changed my mind.... it's that bad. ANY of the Thule or Yakima brand "cargo boxes" are not only functional, are significantly more stylish and probably significantly SAFER. I've seen too many of those Sears "styrofoam burger box looking" boxes come apart at 65 mph and it ain't pretty.... let alone opens you up for litigation when you stuff damages the cars behind you or worse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Thule Atlantis 1600 that I bought 2 years ago. It fits well on the Jx35 and I haven't noticed any reception problems when it is installed. I think this Thule is a great box.

Wheel Tire Car Snow Vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Canada and I believe we can only get the AWD here so this is what I have. Hills are not an issue and I am quite pleased with how the JX handles the snow. I drive an Audi q5 and my wife has the jx. Although the smaller size and weight of the q5 makes it more fun to drive and agile in snow, I can't say I see a big difference between both vehicles in snow condition. They both have winter blizzak tires.

I have three young kids and they have a lot more room in the jx (although i can fit 3 child seats in the q5) so this is the one we take when we are all together, snowstorm or not.

I notice some wind noise since we've installed the crossbar on the jx. A bit annoying on the highway, noise is not present when the Thule is installed. I am actually considering removing the cross bars during the summer season.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I live in Canada and I believe we can only get the AWD here so this is what I have. Hills are not an issue and I am quite pleased with how the JX handles the snow. I drive an Audi q5 and my wife has the jx. Although the smaller size and weight of the q5 makes it more fun to drive and agile in snow, I can't say I see a big difference between both vehicles in snow condition. They both have winter blizzak tires.

I have three young kids and they have a lot more room in the jx (although i can fit 3 child seats in the q5) so this is the one we take when we are all together, snowstorm or not.

I notice some wind noise since we've installed the crossbar on the jx. A bit annoying on the highway, noise is not present when the Thule is installed. I am actually considering removing the cross bars during the summer season.
Hmm.... odd. Make sure that you installed the front/rear correctly as it's easy to install them reversed. Wind noise from a roof rack is a pet peeve of mine and I made sure that the JX didn't have that when I bought it. So I am a bit surprised to hear that you have wind noise from the roof rack. I have none on my car. If I install a "generic" roof rack like my Thule, then I DEFINITELY get wind noise. But not with the OEM JX roof rack.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hmm.... odd. Make sure that you installed the front/rear correctly as it's easy to install them reversed. Wind noise from a roof rack is a pet peeve of mine and I made sure that the JX didn't have that when I bought it. So I am a bit surprised to hear that you have wind noise from the roof rack. I have none on my car. If I install a "generic" roof rack like my Thule, then I DEFINITELY get wind noise. But not with the OEM JX roof rack.
Can you install the cross-bars backwards? The dealer installed mine and it looks a little funny (the rear crossbar slopes down). I figured it was installed backwards but I've been too lazy to climb up and uninstall/reinstall. I haven't noticed any wind-noise.

·
Registered
524 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts