Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2013 JX35 for about 2 months. Last week, when backing up I noticed a "sloshing" sound coming from the car (it sounds like a volume of liquid sloshing back and forth). It is very noticeable. I, nor my wife, noticed this until last week.

I can replicate it by simply going forward and backward and hitting the brakes. This happens when the gas tank is full or near empty. The local Infinity dealer intially told me that they couldn't replicate the problem. I went down yesterday and replicated it. Now they are saying that its gas sloshing around the tank!

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I have had my 2013 JX35 for about 2 months. Last week, when backing up I noticed a "sloshing" sound coming from the car (it sounds like a volume of liquid sloshing back and forth). It is very noticeable. I, nor my wife, noticed this until last week.

I can replicate it by simply going forward and backward and hitting the brakes. This happens when the gas tank is full or near empty. The local Infinity dealer intially told me that they couldn't replicate the problem. I went down yesterday and replicated it. Now they are saying that its gas sloshing around the tank!

Has anyone else had this problem?
I've never heard anything like this noise in the JX. Do you hear it when the windows are up and or down?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I'm having a hard time believing the noise is coming from the fuel tank. If you continue hearing the noise, I'd take the car to the service department. I had a car once where there was a leak in the tail lamp that ended up draining the water into the uni-body. Pretty rare but it did a number on the metal. Nothing like rust! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Someone was around here a while back talking about water collecting in the panels from condensation. Its a bit too cold for that to happen now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think its fuel in the tank. mine does the same thing when the tank is full. this is one of the thing i dont like about the jx

·
Registered
199 Posts
Someone was around here a while back talking about water collecting in the panels from condensation. Its a bit too cold for that to happen now.
Good point. Car makers design panels to rid of water since you can't prevent water or condensation from building up. Maybe the drains are clogged and causing a build up of liquid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in Florida . 80 degrees today so we dont have freezing problems with condensation. Any areas of the vehicle that the service department should be looking at for fluid build up?

Dealer today told me that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. We have driven it for 1000+ miles (multiple tanks of gas) and had never heard the noise until a week ago

·
Registered
275 Posts
Florida is where I would expect the condensation buildup.
Here's the conversation from another thread: "Just received an update. The sloshing and wind noise were due to an assembly defect. The climate control drain hose in the right rear of the vehicle was not routed correctly. Water built up from the A/C condensation over a week. Wonder what would have happened if it kept filling?"
http://www.infinitijxforum.com/showthread.php/508-Quality-Issues

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quicks...thanks...i shared that thread with the dealer....did nothing for them....mits...jx has been at the dealer for a week...the obnoxious service gm called yesterday and told me that the sound was normal and they want their loaner back! nothing like great customer service from Infiniti of Tampa!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts