Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone knows the capacity of hard drive of the navigation system? Is there a way to copy music, pictures or videos to the HDD itself?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is awesome....does your Kingston HyperX 128GB drive needs a power adapter or just USB connection is enough to power this baby up?
It's a standard USB thumbdrive (just a tad bit larger) that powers just from the USB connection. Here's the link to the Amazon page;
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068INTCY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

You could also go with the Patriot Magnum USB 3.0 in 128gb if you can still find it, it is a little bit cheaper than the Kingston.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I believe the HDD is 40gb. That's what it is in the G. Infiniti stopped doing Music Box (that's what the feature the OP is asking about was called) recently. I believe they were going to have to pay a substantial royalty to someone to keep the feature alive and since so few customers actually use it, they decided to stop (that's mostly conjecture, I haven't heard it from anyone at Infiniti). Of all the trade-in cars that I see, most that have Music Box, have at most 3-4 albums worth of music on them.

You could probably hack the system to make it work, but given the cost of a USB thumb drive, what's the point - since at most, you'd get 9.5gb of space (the rest is taken up by Navi data).

·
Registered
524 Posts
I believe the HDD is 40gb. That's what it is in the G. Infiniti stopped doing Music Box (that's what the feature the OP is asking about was called) recently. I believe they were going to have to pay a substantial royalty to someone to keep the feature alive and since so few customers actually use it, they decided to stop (that's mostly conjecture, I haven't heard it from anyone at Infiniti). Of all the trade-in cars that I see, most that have Music Box, have at most 3-4 albums worth of music on them.

You could probably hack the system to make it work, but given the cost of a USB thumb drive, what's the point - since at most, you'd get 9.5gb of space (the rest is taken up by Navi data).
Good post. In 5 years buying cd's will be relegated to unique music, similar to LP's. The norm will be music downloads and streaming through Bluetooth or some sort of connector. Building a vehicle with a model lifespan of 5 to 7 years, infiniti has to think about next gen technologies. Personally I'm glad to hear from another post that the USB port supports a 128 gb drives. This is much more useful than 10 gb of hd space.

FYI, the only benefit of th hd is to speed nav access times.

BTW, where do they find 40gb hd's? They haven't been made in years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts