Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice that the FM sound quality in the JX is not that great? I know that FM signals are not great to begin with, but this vehicle does not sound nearly as good as my 2003 Lexus RX300 did. Has anyone looked into HD radio or Internet Radio integration into our system...Short of streaming from your phone via bluetooth. I know that works with iHeart Radio and Pandora - through the app on my phone, but no information is displayed on the screen....Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Anyone notice that the FM sound quality in the JX is not that great? I know that FM signals are not great to begin with, but this vehicle does not sound nearly as good as my 2003 Lexus RX300 did. Has anyone looked into HD radio or Internet Radio integration into our system...Short of streaming from your phone via bluetooth. I know that works with iHeart Radio and Pandora - through the app on my phone, but no information is displayed on the screen....Any thoughts?
I am surprised how good the FM is in our neck of the woods. We are in the woods some distance from most of the stations which are in Seattle. Its better than any car I've had yet. We also purchased a 2012 Nissan Rogue this year with a Bose system and noticed how bad the FM reception was. Is your JX the fully loaded version with the additional speakers?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 13 speaker upgrade...Not the 15 speaker upgrade. The strange this is that I get no issues with clarity...It picks up the channels fine, it just doesn't sound anywhere near the quality of my iPod. Not anywhere near. When I use and android iheartradio app through my phone's bluetooth audio it is also a tone better than the fm receiver in the car in terms of clarity.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I have the 13 speaker upgrade...Not the 15 speaker upgrade. The strange this is that I get no issues with clarity...It picks up the channels fine, it just doesn't sound anywhere near the quality of my iPod. Not anywhere near. When I use and android iheartradio app through my phone's bluetooth audio it is also a tone better than the fm receiver in the car in terms of clarity.
I'm wondering if you don't have an issue with the vehicle's antenna. You should have excellent sound with the radio, XM, IPod and a CD. It may be worth taking back to the dealership to have them check it against another similar vehicle on their lot. They should be able to do some diagnostics also. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have no problem with the radio but even the 15 speaker system doesn't come close to the sonic quality of my G. It was a let down to me, but it was a huge upgrade for my wife so she is thrilled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts