Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Have a 3M VentureShield installer apply 3M™ VentureShield™ Paint Protection Film on ANY part of your vehicle's painted surfaces. When you install 3M VentureShield on your vehicle, you will help protect it from:

Rock chips
Bug acids
Sand abrasion

Sometimes nicknamed "clear bra" or "chip guard" 3M VentureShield can be professionally installed on rocker panels, mirror backs, full hoods and more because our film comes in 60" widths.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've actually come across cars that have this protection film on it but still i can see scratches on the film. Does anybody here actually have experience with this film protection kit?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've had a paint protection film on my other Infiniti Gs. They were 3M products, but I don't remember the exact name. I think VentureShield must be a newer product as I don't know that name at all. Once there was a big gash and I just had that piece replaced for about $50. That's much less than fixing similar damage to the paint itself. It's worthwhile if you purchase and hold onto your cars. On our leased JX, I am not doing this.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Door handle pockets are important to keep fingernails from scratching the paint and I also like thin strips along the edge of the doors to protect them when you open it into another car or a wall. Much nicer than the bulky black plastic door edge protection that some others have.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I had 3m installed on my 06 M35 and it's great. I have an appointment to install the clear bra the day after my JX arrives, don't want to drive anywhere without it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
$600!? Is that the cost for the panels that are shown in that picture or...? Yeah i guess its not a bad idea to use some protection.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am trying to find protectant for the door pockets but can't seem to find for the JX. I did find them made for other cars such as G37 or QX. Does anyone know if the door handle pockets are similar or the same size as another vehicle. If so what vehicle?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am trying to find protectant for the door pockets but can't seem to find for the JX. I did find them made for other cars such as G37 or QX. Does anyone know if the door handle pockets are similar or the same size as another vehicle. If so what vehicle?
The guy that installed protection film on my last 3 cars just custom cut the door handle pockets. He also custom cut rear bumper protector for our old MDX. Much nicer than the black plastic/rubber rear bumper protectors on many SUVs and also nicer than the stainless steel rear bumper protector that came as an option on our JX.

We are leasing the JX, so I'm not spending $$ to protect it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If its a lease that fine, but most of them are custom jobs where they take a sheet of 3M and just treat it like wrapping any other car, and they just wrap the whole car in vynl!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts