Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Richmond area and my husband and I purchased our JX in early May 2013. I chose the Midnight Garnet color because we are Virginia Tech alums and maroon is one of our school colors. I have owned three minivans before the JX and I knew I would miss the cargo space the vans offered (they were great for tailgating); I am still adjusting. We had a Yakima system on our previous minivans and found out from Yakima that they are working on clamps/fasteners that will allow us to use our existing Yakima components on the JX, so that will help a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jane, hello! We live in Short Pump and have had our JX for a few months now as well. I'm wondering what type of gas mileage you've been getting? We're averaging only about 14mpg which is really disappointing. How about you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there RichardnVA! I checked yesterday when I picked my JX up from the dealership (service issue--separate post). I see "avg mpg" in a couple of different places. On the Status screen, I see 19 avg mpg but I suspect that could be for the current tank of gas. On the front display under the tach and speedometer, I see Average MPG 13.8, which changed to 13.7 while I was sitting there. When I look at the Fuel Eco History on the Info screen, I see a bar graph that has probably seven or eight bars that are mostly just under 20 and a few just above 20, but the first bar is WAY under 20 for some reason. I suspect that one is pulling the average down and should probably be thrown out of the calculation. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi HokieJane, Don't forget you can reset one or both of the fuel economy averages. I like to reset the one on the dash to keep track of trips,hwy vs city and whatever else and I leave the one on the nav screen alone to see how I am doing overall. To reset the dash avg just hold the page button on steering wheel down for 1 1/2 sec.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello paperweight, just push info on the control panel, scroll down to fuel economy push enter and the rest is self explanatory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts