Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of our new JX. Noticed that on the inside of the driver's front wheel there is a whole mess of grease. I don't see any rips or tears in any of the boots. No strange noise. did somebody just get happy with the grease gun and leave a big blob? Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Call your salesperson/dealer. Not normal.

Is "rwc" = Redwood City? If so, did you buy in RWC? If so, we want to fix that problem first thing tomorrow morning. Contact your salesperson (or me) in the next 45 minutes and I'll see that you get a loaner car tonight and we'll have that sorted out ASAP.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmmm.... the only time that I have ever encountered anything like that was when the axle boot ripped. This contains A LOT of grease and can be the only thing that I can see splattering grease all over the inside wheel.... I'd get it checked out asap and fixed under warranty...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Peninsula Infiniti replaced the outer CV boot. Infiniti sent out a regional tech to examine and as best as anyone can figure out, the error was during assembly and not manufacturing of the boot itself. The worker must have misaligned the band.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Glad we were able to sort it out for you. Next time you're in, stop and introduce yourself so I can make sure you get the royal treatment. We traded PM's the other night, but I never heard back from you. I was serious. With a problem like that, one that could literally stop your car, I'd have brought you a loaner car myself and gotten you sorted out even if service were closed. That's not our normal policy, but especially with a brand new car, we go out of our way when we can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts