Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Google maps has a "Send to Car" feature which lists Infiniti as a known make, and which says it can send to Infiniti Connection. When I enter my info and click send, it says "Message was sent successfully to car" but I never see it arrive in the car even after syncing feeds, I never see anything on Infiniti Connection, and I never see anything at my email address.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I just used the Infiniti Connection Journey Planner (https://cwpprod.inf.telematics.net/Navigation/JourneyPlanner) for our last trip and it worked perfect. It was a bit cumbersome at first to find the site, and to figure out how to use the tools, but once I did, I was pleased with the results. I think the software could be improved so that it is more user friendly however.

If you haven't seen the tutorials, they are located here: http://www.infinitiusa.com/bluetooth/connection_home

If you still have problems not being able to get your system to operate correctly, I'd check back with the dealership to see if they can assist you, or just call Infiniti Consumer Affairs at 1-800-662-6200. Good luck and let us know your results.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for commenting, but I have used the infiniti connection web site map features without a problem. Because the web site is a bit awkward and it takes a bit of work to log in and make my way thru all the screens, I was hoping to use Google maps and quickly "send" the destination to my vehicle. I thought maybe someone else got it to work and there was just a folder or something I needed to set up to accept the destinations from google, or some such thing. Even though Google maps says it was able to send the destination to infiniti connection, I never see it arrive anywhere.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think JX only allows six (6) entries for Google Maps. If you already have 6 previous entries under Google folder, you have to delete them to receive the new ones. I am having the same problem with Google Maps. With my BMW I don't have any limitations, plus it's auto updated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried it last night for the first time and was able to send a destination to the JX via my Inifinit Connect id. No setup outside of the initial registration on Infinity Connect was required.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So on maps.google.com you used "Send", to "Car", entered your Infiniti Connect ID (email address) in the "My Account" field and selected "Infiniti" as the Make, then when you hit the Send button and the google maps popup box said "Sent Successfully"?

What did you do next to get the map destination to appear on your JX? I synced all Infiniti Connect feeds, but it did not appear anywhere in the feed list. What folder did the destination appear in, on the JX?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
So on maps.google.com you used "Send", to "Car", entered your Infiniti Connect ID (email address) in the "My Account" field and selected "Infiniti" as the Make, then when you hit the Send button and the google maps popup box said "Sent Successfully"?

What did you do next to get the map destination to appear on your JX? I synced all Infiniti Connect feeds, but it did not appear anywhere in the feed list. What folder did the destination appear in, on the JX?
It works!
I just successfully sent a map from Google Maps to the JX. After entering the location into Google Maps and hit enter, I then went to the menus: Directions Search nearby Save to map more, selected more, then Send, Send to Car, gave it a name "5th Avenue Theater Seattle", selected Infiniti under the Make, then added my primary e-mail address from the Infiniti Connection, added a note then selected Send. When I got to the car, I went to the Infiniti Connection menu, selected the Syn Feeds command, and once it was syned, I was able to pull up the information on the Google folder. Within a couple moments, the map downloaded successfully to the Navigation system. Very cool!

I would say this is a feature I will use. It was very easy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It works!
I just successfully sent a map from Google Maps to the JX. After entering the location into Google Maps and hit enter, I then went to the menus: Directions Search nearby Save to map more, selected more, then Send, Send to Car, gave it a name "5th Avenue Theater Seattle", selected Infiniti under the Make, then added my primary e-mail address from the Infiniti Connection, added a note then selected Send. When I got to the car, I went to the Infiniti Connection menu, selected the Syn Feeds command, and once it was syned, I was able to pull up the information on the Google folder. Within a couple moments, the map downloaded successfully to the Navigation system. Very cool!
So it appears under the "All Information Feeds" menu category (i.e. on the Infiniti Connection page) within the "Google" folder?

Darn, I'm doing the same thing and it does not appear there (or anywhere else). All I have is the Google folder (from when I used to sync my calendar) and a News folder.

When you say you "gave it a name", did you select from the drop-down menu? I didn't have a field I could "type in", but rather a drop down menu showing the name several different ways.

Did you enter your Google information on the Infiniti Connection web site anywhere, to possibly "authorize" your Google account to send to Infiniti Connection? (Such as maybe to download your Google calendar?)

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
So it appears under the "All Information Feeds" menu category (i.e. on the Infiniti Connection page) within the "Google" folder?

Darn, I'm doing the same thing and it does not appear there (or anywhere else). All I have is the Google folder (from when I used to sync my calendar) and a News folder.

When you say you "gave it a name", did you select from the drop-down menu? I didn't have a field I could "type in", but rather a drop down menu showing the name several different ways.

Did you enter your Google information on the Infiniti Connection web site anywhere, to possibly "authorize" your Google account to send to Infiniti Connection? (Such as maybe to download your Google calendar?)
When I tested it, I was using a Mac Book, Chrome browser and was on Google maps. Once I made a destination, I was able to give the location a name. I used the e-mail account associated with my Infiniti Connection account. The screen asks for the make of vehicle. Once that is complete, I selected the send to car command. When I did the sync feeds, the name I gave showed up in the Google folder and then after selecting it, the Nav system did its set up. I'm wondering if your e-mail address for the Infiniti Connection is not correct. You can call them from the car and confirm it or change it.

Note: When I tried it from my IPad, I could not get. The same tools on Googles site to do this since it's menu is abbreviated. Let us know what happens the next time you try to send the map from Google.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<sigh> No luck. I'm doing the exact same thing your are, even using Chrome, and I even found that the menu from the place list on the left is what you must have been using and it is slightly different from the Send menu in the pin on the map, and that the left menu lets you name the place as you did. The email I use is the one to log in at the infiniti site, and is the one displayed on the infiniti site.

But nothing arrives at the car. I only see my calendar under the Google folder. :(

Thanks for all the info, though! Glad to know I wasn't doing something stupidly wrong!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
well that sucks. it would be a very nice function to have. I always have to use my phone to find the address first and manually input it into the car.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
<sigh> No luck. I'm doing the exact same thing your are, even using Chrome, and I even found that the menu from the place list on the left is what you must have been using and it is slightly different from the Send menu in the pin on the map, and that the left menu lets you name the place as you did. The email I use is the one to log in at the infiniti site, and is the one displayed on the infiniti site.

But nothing arrives at the car. I only see my calendar under the Google folder. :(

Thanks for all the info, though! Glad to know I wasn't doing something stupidly wrong!
Did you try logging into Google with your gmail account? I double checked my JX yesterday to see if I could replicate my results and everything worked fine. I have a different e-mail account set up at the Infiniti website and a different e-mail address for g-mail. If you still can't get it to work, if you haven't already contacted their technical support, I'd recommend you see if they can get you up and running

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yay! I got it to work! Thanks to everyone for their descriptions and assistance so I could make sure it wasn't something dumb I was doing, and for verifying that it actually worked at all.

Turns out there are two email addresses on the Infiniti Connection Telematics site, one in the Preferences link at the top right of the screen (by the logout link) and one in the My Profile link at the bottom right (by the Contact Us link). The two addresses did not match for my account, and the official one used and needed by the Google feature -- the one in the My Profile link -- had some additional characters (even though the correct addressed worked to log in with, which is strange). Once I spoke with someone at Infiniti Connection and he looked into my Infiniti Connection account, we found the error and he helped me fix it. Now that both email addresses are correct and match, it works!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Yay! I got it to work! Thanks to everyone for their descriptions and assistance so I could make sure it wasn't something dumb I was doing, and for verifying that it actually worked at all.

Turns out there are two email addresses on the Infiniti Connection Telematics site, one in the Preferences link at the top right of the screen (by the logout link) and one in the My Profile link at the bottom right (by the Contact Us link). The two addresses did not match for my account, and the official one used and needed by the Google feature -- the one in the My Profile link -- had some additional characters (even though the correct addressed worked to log in with, which is strange). Once I spoke with someone at Infiniti Connection and he looked into my Infiniti Connection account, we found the error and he helped me fix it. Now that both email addresses are correct and match, it works!
It never fails. It's always the simplistic things that mess up. I'm so glad you got it working. I've been playing with the Google calendar and like being able to send them to the car. It beats sticky notes. Thanks for your follow up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got mine to work first time as described above. Pretty cool feature. Anybody know how to delete the entry from the google syn folder or is it there forever?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts