Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my first JX35 maintenance excursion to the Infiniti dealer, I mentioned that my glove box light had never worked.

I thought I might be missing a hidden switch or something so I accessed the Owners manual on the web so that I could do a search. I could only come up with one mention of the glove box light and that was its size for replacement purposes.

After the maintenance was finished, the "host" assigned to me said that the mechanic could find nothing wrong with the glove box light. It works he said but he thought you had to have the accessories on.

I had tried turning on the accessories before and it did not work. So I went home and tried it again and it still would not work. I then searched the internet and found that the headlights have to be on and then the glove box light will come on and stay on until the head lights are turned off. So, apparently if you drive at night, the glove box light will always be on.

Nevertheless, I still need a flashlight to look around in there as the glove box light does not put out much glow.

As an aside, I received a coupon from Infiniti headquarters for a free oil change. The first maintenance visit cost zero with no defects in the JX35 noted.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Ah, a nugget. This is the first posting for this question. With a 500 plus page manual, its really hard to find all the little nuances for the JX. Its kind of like finding out the JX had a hill holder brake feature that wasn't on any of the brochures or website or how the door handle lights and interior lights magically come on when you approach a locked vehicle. Keep em coming!

You do need a small flashlight for that really deep glove box. I think its big enough to hide Jimmy Hoffa's remains.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ah, a nugget. This is the first posting for this question. With a 500 plus page manual, its really hard to find all the little nuances for the JX. Its kind of like finding out the JX had a hill holder brake feature that wasn't on any of the brochures or website or how the door handle lights and interior lights magically come on when you approach a locked vehicle. Keep em coming!

You do need a small flashlight for that really deep glove box. I think its big enough to hide Jimmy Hoffa's remains.
Yeah i love the handle light ..

P.S - I downloaded the JX Manual Online So i can search via Adobe and go to pages fast .... paper manual is huge and sometimes its hard to find what you need in there ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts