Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was at the dealer for a 3750 oil change and was told there was a service bulletin that had come out today today related to fuel tank tubing and position of wiring near the fuel pump. They were able to make needed repairs and adjustments took about 1 hour. Service dept. said there will probably be a mailing going out about this soon. To fix this they had to remove the fuel pump which is accessed through a a panel beneath the 2nd row seat driver side. I found that to be an interesting access point. Not sure what the true issue with this is but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Had mine in for oil change and was told the same thing. Dealer had to order the parts (o-ring and seal) to complete repair.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hmm should i be proactive and make an appointment with my service advisor or wait for the mailer?btw Most fuel pump and fuels tanks are under the passenger seats in sedans.

·
Registered
248 Posts
JX's are going to get killed on their Powers Initial Quality surveys. That is, if people are honest with themselves, and don't protect the car because of how much they paid for it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had my oil changed last week, I guess the service bulletin must not have come out yet, cuz my service advisor did not mention it. Now I will have to take it back!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I was at the dealer for a 3750 oil change and was told there was a service bulletin that had come out today today related to fuel tank tubing and position of wiring near the fuel pump. They were able to make needed repairs and adjustments took about 1 hour. Service dept. said there will probably be a mailing going out about this soon. To fix this they had to remove the fuel pump which is accessed through a a panel beneath the 2nd row seat driver side. I found that to be an interesting access point. Not sure what the true issue with this is but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

Interesting, I was at the dealer the same day getting my Splash Guards installed. Service department did not say anything about fuel pump tubing but there was a Recall/Software download for the braking assist features. On my invoice it's listed as: Completed Recall JX IBA Reprogram ITB12-04-P2540. My JX was just delivered from the factory on August 1, maybe that's why the fuel pump tubing didn't apply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts