Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Base AWD JX only has 170 miles on it. I bought it 2 weeks ago. I noticed for the past 2 days that the fuel gauge would sometimes show a quarter tank more and then when I drive it for a few miles it goes down by a quarter tank. is this just a fuel sensor error or could this be due to the recall for defective gas lines I've been reading about? If so, could it be possible that my car has not been "fixed" since it was sitting in the dealer's lot I'm guessing since December of last year? When I got the car it only had 17 miles on it. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
My JX never was that far off until the tank was close to empty. It dropped off fast. I had the fuel line re-route and re-calibration of the fuel gage as part of the recall, and its 100% better. Sounds like yours didn't get updated at the dealership. I'd have them check it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
bring it to the dealer, they might forgot about your car. once they made a repair order it should come up on thier screen that a recall needs to be done, if not, they will still look look at it. recall is about the tube inside your tank that get caught on the sending unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts