Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we got our new JX a few weeks ago (black on black) and we're really enjoying it. The first thing we needed to do is find a good cargo organizer to more efficienty use the space, so I did a bunch of research and settled on the Kennedy Home Collection 4-compartment fold-away organizer. It's available on Amazon for $23.95 here.

The construction is made of durable canvas, it feels like it will last a long time. It has a total of 4 potential compartments, along with 8 little pockets along the sides.

It can be kept completely folded up for storage, and can expand to different sizes depending on needs. When open, you can choose either 2-compartment, 3-compartment or 4-compartment. When you choose less than 4-compartments, the other compartments fold in and are secured by a velcro tab. The bottom of the organizer contains a thin strip of velcro that is excellent at holding the whole thing in place when driving.

I took some pictures showing how it fits the JX. I haven't loaded pics on this site before so they might be out of order. In the pictures with a grocery bag, I loaded the bag with 10 cans of various sizes, which made it larger than a bag would typically be packed at a grocery store - I think you could easily get 2 normally-packed grocery bags in each of the compartments.

The first pic shows 2-compartments used, with all of the JX seats up. The second pic shows 3 compartments with all of the JX seats up. The third pic shows 3 compartments with the left side 3rd row seat down, and the fourth pic shows four compartments with both 3rd row seats down. The fifth pic shows the size of the organizer when folded, with a can of Campbell's for reference. The last pic shows the organizer in the under-floor storage - when folded it fits perfectly in the middle compartment, with some room underneath to fit some other small items (we have two bottles of water and a small air compressor in there. Note that the organizer can only expand to four compartments if both 3rd row seats are down, and then it goes diagonally. That's actually pretty useful, since the velcro really holds it in place and you can put other large items on either side of it and the organizer will keep them from rolling around.

5Folded in Normal Area.jpg 4Both Seats down 4 pockets.jpg 3One Seat Down Three Pockets.jpg 2No Seats Down Three Pockets.jpg 1No Seats Down Two Pockets.jpg

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
This looks like a good product. Bed Bath and Beyond has a similar product but only has three compartments. It folds up nice in the trunk storage just like this one. Don't forget your 20% off coupons that you get in the mail from Bed Bath and Beyond!

Thanks Scott for posting this. I like the four banger item. It looks great.

I know several people have complained about the cargo cover, but after using this for months, I actually like it in conjunction with the organizer and cargo net. It stores nice when you don't need it and you don't have to deal with a bulky tonou cover when you go shopping and have to remove it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Awesome thing to have especially if you have kids and have a ton of smaller objects to carry and keep organized

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's a velcro strip on the bottom that seems to hold pretty well to the carpet, especially if there's any weight in the organizer.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Ahh good to know. I keep some car cleaning products in a plastic bin in the back but it moves around alot. Might stick some velcro to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rear door

I have open the rear door withou a key near me and with doorlocks by presing the door buton. The only way to keep it lock is using the keyfob to lock the car.Does any one had the same situation? If not try it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts