Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I stumbled across the forum and am very excited to join. I am scheduled to have a Base model with a few minor options delivered in the next few weeks and looking forward to the new JX! We purchased via the VPP program so not able to negotiate pricing on the JX - - supposedly at invoice price (and the quote from the dealer matches the "invoice" price via Cars.com, Edmunds, etc).

I saw there is a $1,000 dealer incentive/cash on the JX through October for financing via Infiniti Financial Services. I just did the Capitol One blank check approval and to my surprise their rate was not nearly as high as I expected (3.28%) for a credit card company. My plan was to keep this in my back pocket when I pickup the car and see if the dealer can beat it. I know financing through Pen Fed or another credit union would probably result in an even lower rate, but am not looking to finance for long enough to warrant opening a new account, etc.

Has anyone financed through Infiniti Financial Services (IFS) recently? If so, are there loan origination fees or other admin fees for generating a loan with IFS? Also, does anyone know if the dealers typically kick back the $1,000 or some % to the customer for financing with them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also purchased the base model AWD last month but financed through Penfed (1.49%). What was your purchase price? I am unable to find any prices fro base using the VPP program.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Banes - I think I followed you from another forum. Anyway . . . not sure if we are allowed to post links to other sites. If not, apologies & mods please delete.

VPP price will be the "invoice" price for the car & the options it comes with at "invoice price" which are the same prices as on the Edmunds site (http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/jx/2013/options.html?sub=suv&style=101385284). Specifically, ours breaks down as:

Base price: $37,651
Bumper protector: $ 153
Kick plates: $ 211
Destination: $ 950
Total: $38,965

Plus tax, title/license & doc fee.

Here is a link to the VPP site: http://www.insidenissan.com/

I wasn't even aware my wife's company had access to VPP until I stumbled across this via another forum. Imagine you can typically do better than VPP on most cars but since the JX is new, I figure it is about the best we can do.

Would really like to take another $1K off by financing with IFS if they don't charge loan origination fees, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I came to my delivery event with PenFed's 1.9% rate. The dealer financing department indicated they would match that rate -- so I gave them the business. At closing, they ended up beating the rate and gave me 1.8%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts