Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall, I'm super happy with the car. Went with the awd, premium, driver assist, theater packages, with the larger wheels.
I'm curious about a few things, though...

1. I think it's a little odd that the homelink buttons are not backlit. Anybody tried finding the right button at night?

2. When using the voice command Call <name> for a voicetag stored in the vehicle address book, it brings up a list of other non-similar names with the requested name at the top. then you have to select it from the list. It should recognize the voicetag right away and call it. No real big deal but just an extra step. Has anyone else noticed this or found a workaround?

3. In response to another post, I found out there is no way to increase the volume for the warning beeps on the BSW, but I also found out the beeps will not sound if you signal before a vehicle enters the detection zone. The light will just blink once the vehicle enters if you're still signalling.

4. Is there a way for the DCA to activate by default when the car is turned on? I like how it functions but have to remember to turn it on each time.

5. The forward parking assist seems to work differently than on our previous car. Even with the sensitivity at max, we can pull up within inches of a pole or some other stationary object in the front center without triggering the alert, but objects near the front corners are detected sooner. The dealer says this is normal, but it seems a little odd.

I'd like to hear your feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I can't answer much but maybe the forward parking assist sensors don't cover the entire front bumper area? The pole might have been missed. I don't rely on the parking assist too much but you never know.

·
Registered
196 Posts
5. When parking, push the camera button with shifter in D to get forward camera and see how close you actually are.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1. That was very annoying when we first got the car but we've gotten used to it pretty quickly. I guess with the buttons at eye level they would be a distraction if they were backlit.

2. Agreed, this is pretty quirky. My wife added some contacts to the in vehicle directory and the voice dialer doesn't seem to pick them up at all, it always pulls up the contacts loaded directly on the phone.

5. I find this works pretty well, I have a bunch of boxes piled at the back of my garage, when I pull in the front camera kicks in automatically and gives a great indication of how close I am.

Here's mine:

I can't believe that the remote control for the theater system controls both front and rear volume at the same time...what were they thinking?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How are you able to get the camera to turn on automatically when you enter the garage? I thought i had the manual pretty much memorized by now, but I must've missed that one. Also, I put the word out to the kids that they should only be using the volume control on their wireless headsets to adjust the volume on the rear screens. That solved the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also, I put the word out to the kids that they should only be using the volume control on their wireless headsets to adjust the volume on the rear screens. That solved the problem.
Yep, but it's ridiculous, especially in a package that costs $1,700 on a 50K plus car. Also, it works in the reverse as well, so if you increase or lower the volume up front it affects the rear.

I realized you meant that the camera comes on automatically when one of the front sensors activate, which I knew already...lol
I know, I was saying that the sensor kicks in with plenty of time to react...the boxes are front and center against the back wall of the garage.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Do you find the JX big enough to be a burden to park?
The front end is pretty high, so you can't see or have a good feel for how close you are. If you're going parallel into a tight spot, the camera helps so you don't have to literally feel the car in front of you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thats good that these sensor kick in early, i have noticed some sensors that take their sweet time, and are pretty off when it comes to distance as well, i must say they are very poor systems but the JX seems to have a very advanced system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts