Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I see that infiniti has an app that works much better than the personal assistant one. I can lock/unlock car, send directions to navi and so much more! About time!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Now if only it would allow for remote starting of the vehicle through the app, like onstar allows for vehicles equipped with onstar.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I actually used it today to send a location to the car via the Journey Planner. Works pretty darn good. Its about time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you guys referring to the Infiniti Connection app, or another one? I've found both interfaces to be cumbersome - hopefully you've identified a 3rd option.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No, this is referring to the Infiniti Connection App.

I just don't find it much useful quite honestly. If it had the remote start within it, I'd find that useful. The lock/unlock from the app is nice to have I guess, but not really useful.

The monitoring stuff has to be set up online, not from within the app to be useful, and I don't even find it that useful quite honestly. I'm the driver of the car, and I don't valet or let others drive my car so setting up 'boundaries' is not something I'd need.

Notifications, no big deal again...

The destination tab, it's ok but doesn't work that well when I have tried it. It may be ok for finding restaurants serving certain types of food close by or something but for entering a specific address, it never finds it for me.

Just my impression of it. I had OnStar previously as noted and it worked better, both the app and when using the system from within the car to call and ask for directions.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Does this app only work with an active Infiniti Connection subscription?
Trying hard not to be sarcastic and snarky here.

YES, you need to have Infiniti Connection for the app to work with your car. You get IC free for a year when you buy the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts