Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the ordering/delivery mess, the bucket came in on 10/11, but we could not pick it up till 10/20. It rained the day after so after a nice bath, I will take pics and update this post.

Man, the JX appearance is a bit miss leading. Looks small from the outside, but feels real roomy on the inside. Then I parked in our three car garage...man it sure takes up a good chunk of space.

Question: The wife has been doing almost all the driving so far and she mentioned there is a smell...something like burnt brakes...anyone else experience this?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
After all the ordering/delivery mess, the bucket came in on 10/11, but we could not pick it up till 10/20. It rained the day after so after a nice bath, I will take pics and update this post.

Man, the JX appearance is a bit miss leading. Looks small from the outside, but feels real roomy on the inside. Then I parked in our three car garage...man it sure takes up a good chunk of space.

Question: The wife has been doing almost all the driving so far and she mentioned there is a smell...something like burnt brakes...anyone else experience this?
It may just be the odor of the new engine components burning off. I did not notice anything like brakes other than what I call the new engine smell. That only lasted a few days. If the odor doesn't go away, I would recommend you take the car in and have the service department check it out.

I really wasn't sure how big the JX was going to be until I saw it in person. We traded in an Armada and when I saw one of the Infiniti videos which show the JX parked and backing up, I noticed the vehicle next to it was a QX or Armada. Thats when I realized that the JX was bigger than I thought. It is slightly shorter and narrower than its big brother, but the nice thing is, it is not as tall and it turns on a dime. At least I can take the JX into any parking garage and not have to worry about overhead height anymore.

Best wishes with your new ride, and keep us posted on the odor and also your experience with the JX.

·
Registered
193 Posts
BobOB, that is funny, I came out of an Armada Platinum as well and into my JX. One of the reasons I purchased the JX was so that our family could continue to have a lot of space.

It is funny how perception is, so many people think the JX is small, then go look at in a parking lot. It is actually bigger than most mid size SUV's. Bigger than a 4Runner, Cherokee..........my brother thought his Escape stood taller, and it is actually the same height, his Escape just appears taller because it is so short and narrow compared to the JX.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oh...the smell is gone. TY!

I am a slim size person and am finding it pretty annoying trying to manuveur around the garage now that the JX is home. Funny...never had this issue with the previous Venza.

Attached is the only photo I have as an idea...still needs a bathe.

GS~JX Size.jpg

PS. Ignore the mess, we are re-organizing.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Oh...the smell is gone. TY!

I am a slim size person and am finding it pretty annoying trying to manuveur around the garage now that the JX is home. Funny...never had this issue with the previous Venza.

Attached is the only photo I have as an idea...still needs a bathe.

View attachment 253

PS. Ignore the mess, we are re-organizing.
OK, its time to nose in the Lexus and back in the JX. That way you can test your back up braking feature each time you come home, and you'll be ready to hit the road straight out. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol...dont like my wife's parking skills and I am scared to actually test out the BCI.

OK, its time to nose in the Lexus and back in the JX. That way you can test your back up braking feature each time you come home, and you'll be ready to hit the road straight out. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Follow up thoughts after two holiday commutes...odo is now at 41K+ and ready for our first oil change:

Pros:
- The looks of the car has received lots of attention on the road and from family/friends
- Still very nice to not see too many of these around...yet
- Love the shark angled nose/grill
- Love the OB/Java combo.
- Nice ride during the road trip
- Feels larger than it looks when parking/commuting
- Heated seats on the first and second row really worked out great
- Heated steering wheel is a nice touch per the wife
- Large windows
- Great cargo space than expected (w/ & w/o third row down)
- The rear secret compartment is awesome
- Rear entertainment screens have been a great help
- Flexibility of the seats have helped out alot
- Front bumper paint has held up pretty good compared to the G from the past
- DC plug has been helpful
- Decent Bose sound system
- Overall intrustment/navi. screens have been great
- Nanny tech. are great
- Around view cameras are awesome
- Good sunroof and panoramic glass
- DVD/USB entertainment is a plus
- Nice touch with the wireless headphones
- Surprisingly quick/great power for a CVT
- The pitch of almost all the beeps are perfect
- Nifty that you can control all the navi/menu from the steering wheel buttons
- Intelligent cruise control is awesome, but can make driving even more boring

Cons:
- Road noise from the rear
- Auto headlights sux...always on*
- Auto wipers sux...doesnt always work*
- Dont like that when the seats are folded down, not a complete flat bed/cargo area
- Dont like the third row seat belt clips from the side panels...doesnt work
- Need a better spot or something for the third row seat strap
- Second row seems short and a bit uncomfortable
- Need more foot space under the front seats from the rear
- Missing passenger memory for this price range
- Need brighter front lights
- Need LED to light up on the rear lift gate taillights for this price range
- Need bright interior lights for this price range...like white LEDs or something
- The rear left gate beeps are horrid* especially when a child is sleeping and this is suppose to be child friendly
- Wish the pano. bar was not there for this price range
- Overall quality build/craftship should be way better for this price range (everything gets loose and plastic gets scatched up so easily)
- Stupid MPG...the manual 6 gear trick did not work very well going up hills*
- Stupd no passenger airbag/seat bad indicator bug
- Would be nice to have a 6 Disc changer
- Should have HD screen/blu ray player
- Wish there was a real coin tray
- Center console lever sux between the main/secondary tray
- Wish we can use a smartphone as an entertainment source for the screens*
- Wish the leather was more durable
- CVT droning is annoying
- UV/IR screens doesnt seem to help anything
- Air recirculation sux...always requires AC which defeats MPG benefits
- Auto distant of iCruise Control*

REMINDER: This is the spouse's daily driver.

Who can assist with the * items? If I go with Synthetic, what intervals should I use?

Overall 4 out of 5 for the JX with still lots to learn and get used to.

Oh yeah, OMG on Infiniti new nomanclature.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PS. First mod.: Formula One-Pinnacle tint all around 35% windshield 50%.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow, that's quite an extensive list of pro's and con's. I know this post is a bit old but was wondering how may of your pros/cons changed.

Personally, a number of my cons have gone away becuase I was expecting something the JX was not and just got used to doing it a different way.

PS. the beeping rear gate can be disabled by clipping the speaker wire. Another thread goes into this, something I've considered doing a number of times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The auto on headlights can be turned off by turning off the fog lights. Some law states if fog lights are on so must be headlights. The jx has great low beam hids. Real shitty high beam and fogs dont do much as far as lighting up front. Jx is high so no real benefit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice black beauty.. Well you JX looks really cool, because the color of your drive is very nice... its very common color but here it looks great. But be careful because black is the only color which make the dust more prominent then other color. So clean it every day. Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts