Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought the jx. looking at the forums, it looks like there is a higher rate of failures. Should I buy the extended warranty. The dealer says 1600 for 7 year extension, is it worth it. Any pointers on where I should be shopping for a warraty

·
Registered
209 Posts
I didn't get the extended warranty myself for the JX. I don't expect to until near the end of the current warranty. For my other car, I bought the extended warranty with about 5k miles left of the warranty and got a good deal. I was able to shop online for the manufacturer's warranty offered at another dealer and get my current dealer to beat it. Cost wise, it wasn't much different from what they offered me now. So to me it was just cashflow really, if the cost isn't going to be too different, then delaying it makes sense so that it's not alot of cash out the door on day 1. Dealer will always offer you extended warranty anytime you want because it's money for them.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
When you are ready to buy a warranty, you might want to check out Circle Infiniti of New Jersey. Our dealership in the Pacific Northwest did not offer the Infiniti warranty (they sell the Mechanic). We found on this forum, a member that purchased their warranty through this company and they really beat the price from all other dealerships that we shopped.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
If you know for sure you're going to buy an extended Infiniti warranty, the pricing will be better now than if you wait until near the end of your normal warranty. Kind of like buying life insurance when you're 30 vs. 40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts