Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from an extended road trip where we put on 4000 KM's (2500 Miles) over a one week period. We have a fully loaded JX with Deluxe and Touring, Drivers Assistance and Technology package.

Overall very positive results. Total KM's on the vehicle is now 8000, and fuel consumption overall average is 12.8 Litres/100 KM's - or converted = 18.38 MPG. During the road trip my highway fuel consumption was approx 11 Litres/100 KM's or 21.4 MPG.

No dash rattles as some are reporting.

Pleased with driver and passenger comfort and pleased with noise levels on the highway. Most of the highway miles were at a range of 70-85 MPH and handling was excellent. Hit a couple of heavy rain storms and had no issues with wipers or with hydroplaning (have the larger 20" wheels).

I do have an issue with the theatre screens - believe you are supposed to be able to change them to allow one screen to watch a DVD while the other watches a video from USB. That doesn't work or is not true. I have been through all the setups and while I can set multiple sources if one is AUX, if they are DVD and USB it will not allow it. There is a post on this forum about this topic.

I extensively used cruise with the Drivers assist engaged and found it great to manage my speed to the vehicle in front of me - only pet peeve is that it is extremely cautious and keeps you way back from the vehicle in front - for safety reasons of course, but a pain when in the passing lane and your speed has dropped way down because of a slower vehicle - you are so far back from them they don't get the message you want past.

Did pick up a screw in a tire and had to go into a dealer for repair - was good news in that it hadn't fully punctured the wheel.

I tried to use Infiniti Connect many different times for different reasons (restaraunt suggestion, finding a hotel, roadside assistance (tire), etc.). While I love having the service I would say I find it not very useful. Generally they take an excessive time finding things for me (can you say 15 mins of being put on hold to find the address of a hotel - when the name and city are provided?), and 24 roadside assistance, well isn't - I called on a Sunday morning to try to get a tire repair and their response was that roadside assistance wasn't available in my area on weekends - I was in Des Moines and it was mid morning on a Sunday - very disappointing! Others have similar results?

Very happy with the purchase so far...

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
You can adjust the cruise control distance through the control on the steering wheel. As for the Infiniti Connection, we did have connection problems at first, but the last time we used it, I was surprised how fast the operator found what we wanted and it the location was sent to the car fast. As for the road side assistance, did they give you any option for an alternate service facility?

We haven't tried the the items you described with the DVD, just played a DVD without any issues. Let us know if you figure out how to set it up.

By the way, which grade fuel did you end up using on the trip?

Thanks for your report.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Definately check out the cruise control distance. I think there are three settings to avoid the long distance between you and the car. It defaults to the longest setting.

Other threads on this forum review the process to get the 2nd screen working. I don't have the details, but definately check them out.

Finally, what Octane fuel are you using?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts