Infiniti JX Forums banner

Erratic Idle

Tags
infiniti
9K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  cfrp 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone noticing an erratic idle? Mine goes down to 500 rpm and seems to overcompensate back to around 2000 rpm before settling back at around 1100 where it normally is. This happens quite often.

#12 ·
Well at least yours is running good and it's not every JX out their. Maybe a specific production range of JX's have this problem? Usually the US gets cars before Canada, Canada's batch went bad lol

Hey BTW, other than the original poster 'jrmy', the few of us having this problem appears to be all in Canada.
I suppose US model and Canadian model are identical mechanical-wise, but just want to point out a common factor here... or perhaps Nissan USA decided to send their lemons up North to us?! :(
Im thinking is a specific production range of JX's with this problem. I wonder what the dealership has to say about this.

#11 ·
Hey BTW, other than the original poster 'jrmy', the few of us having this problem appears to be all in Canada.
I suppose US model and Canadian model are identical mechanical-wise, but just want to point out a common factor here... or perhaps Nissan USA decided to send their lemons up North to us?! :(

#15 ·
I finally brought my JX into service to look at the unstable idling rev problem.
At first the dealership tried to blame on aircond compressor on and off as the cause
But since i showed them that the rough idling happens even when aircond is off, now they
say it is fixed by reprogram the engine management program... so it is a software bug?
I will get the car back tomorrow and will keep you guys posted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.