Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone noticing an erratic idle? Mine goes down to 500 rpm and seems to overcompensate back to around 2000 rpm before settling back at around 1100 where it normally is. This happens quite often.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Does it only happen when you give it gas and let it drop to idle? Or does this happen constantly while its idling?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happens pretty consistently while at a stop without touching the gas, depending on how long the stop is it can occur more than once.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I feel my engine rev a bit rough at idle and not very stable at rpm from time to time
But i guess it might be because it's still in breakin period

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the same issue. I am going to pick up my all weather mats today and will be asking the service department about it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I feel my engine rev a bit rough at idle and not very stable at rpm from time to time
But i guess it might be because it's still in breakin period
I don't think thats something that would happen during break-in. Might be a real problem or maybe something with decreasing fuel consumption.

I have the same issue. I am going to pick up my all weather mats today and will be asking the service department about it.
Awesome! Please let us know what they say.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Ours is still at break in with 500 miles and we have not had any problem with the idle at all. Very smooth and consistent. Agree with Infiniti_speed...sounds like a real problem to have them look at.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey BTW, other than the original poster 'jrmy', the few of us having this problem appears to be all in Canada.
I suppose US model and Canadian model are identical mechanical-wise, but just want to point out a common factor here... or perhaps Nissan USA decided to send their lemons up North to us?! :(

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ours is still at break in with 500 miles and we have not had any problem with the idle at all. Very smooth and consistent. Agree with Infiniti_speed...sounds like a real problem to have them look at.
Well at least yours is running good and it's not every JX out their. Maybe a specific production range of JX's have this problem? Usually the US gets cars before Canada, Canada's batch went bad lol

Hey BTW, other than the original poster 'jrmy', the few of us having this problem appears to be all in Canada.
I suppose US model and Canadian model are identical mechanical-wise, but just want to point out a common factor here... or perhaps Nissan USA decided to send their lemons up North to us?! :(
Im thinking is a specific production range of JX's with this problem. I wonder what the dealership has to say about this.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just called the local dealer service department but they're not very helpful about this issue. They're not known to this apparently common issue and just suggested me to bring in the JX for investigation.
I will update on this forum about what they will find out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I finally brought my JX into service to look at the unstable idling rev problem.
At first the dealership tried to blame on aircond compressor on and off as the cause
But since i showed them that the rough idling happens even when aircond is off, now they
say it is fixed by reprogram the engine management program... so it is a software bug?
I will get the car back tomorrow and will keep you guys posted

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Interesting. Not very comforting but I'm interested to know what the problem is. You aren't the first person to notice this issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts