Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Is there a way to turn off the engine without cutting off the battery power? I usually park for a few minutes when I pick up my wife from work since we carpool. I find it annoying when you're listening to music, or a news program on radio, you get cut off when you press the engine off button. Is there a way to turn the engine off without cutting the music/radio while you're in park mode? 2 of my newer cars don't = have this problem. Is there a way around this??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi All

Is there a way to turn off the engine without cutting off the battery power? I usually park for a few minutes when I pick up my wife from work since we carpool. I find it annoying when you're listening to music, or a news program on radio, you get cut off when you press the engine off button. Is there a way to turn the engine off without cutting the music/radio while you're in park mode? 2 of my newer cars don't = have this problem. Is there a way around this??
How do your other 2 cars get around this problem?

·
Registered
64 Posts
With key cars you can generally twist the key counter clockwise back to AUX setting. The motor will cut off but leave power to the accessories. At least my Jeep did this.
Understand that about key cars, but was wondering how it works with cars equipped only with Start buttons...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wife's BMW you just hit the start button and the engine goes off while radio stays on. Hit it a second time and it totally powers down the car, or just get out of the car and it kills the power...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wife's BMW you just hit the start button and the engine goes off while radio stays on. Hit it a second time and it totally powers down the car, or just get out of the car and it kills the power...
That's a good idea. Too bad Infiniti didn't copy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts