Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I am thinking of importing JX35 from my brother in US to Canada.
Does anyone know if US Model JX35 has EIS and daylight running or not? As this is the requirement before vehicle can be imported into Canada?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
It doesn't have the daylight running lights but the Canadian models do. Its a Nissan thing. You would think that since they are making cars for Canada that they would just incorporated the feature in all cars. We are so used to turning on our lights anytime we drive but it would be nice to have that feature. Heck, our 1997 GMC full size Savana van has running lights. I'd have to look at the manual, but I think it has the EIS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BobOB

Can dealer install daylight running lights? I think they just need to tweek the electronic panel maybe?
Can you please check about EIS?

Thanks Again :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
More than likely the dealer will not be able to tweek it for you...you might have to visit an indepedent electronic shop. Keep us posted though.

Thanks BobOB

Can dealer install daylight running lights? I think they just need to tweek the electronic panel maybe?
Can you please check about EIS?

Thanks Again :)

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I didn't have time to research the EIS today, but recommend you check with your local Infiniti dealership. I'm not so sure you can get running lights installed by a US dealership, but you might want to check with a Canadian dealer since they are required up there. Case in point. We purchased a 2012 Nissan Rogue this year and wanted a front bug deflector and couldn't get one in the US but was able to get it from a Canadian Nissan dealership. Let us know what you find out on both items.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Hi Guys

I am thinking of importing JX35 from my brother in US to Canada.
Does anyone know if US Model JX35 has EIS and daylight running or not? As this is the requirement before vehicle can be imported into Canada?

Thanks
I pulled a short item off the owner's manual regarding EIS. I'm not sure if this is the same thing you are looking for, but this is what Infiniti shows regarding anti-theft. Not sure if it is the same item as an EIS:

INFINITI VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM
The INFINITI Vehicle Immobilizer System will not allow the engine to start without the use of the registered key. There is more information in Section 5-13 of the owner's manual.

All the vehicle owner's manuals are available on-line at this link: https://owners.infinitiusa.com/iowners/navigation/manualsAndGuides

Hope this helped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke to RIV and they said Vehicle Immobilizer is same as EIS, so I am good there.
DRL can be installed by Local Canadian Tire store.
Thanks all for checking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts