Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the JX35 with the premium package, theatre package and drivers assistance package and from time to time the following electrical parts work and then don't work:

- Electrical steering wheel positioner
- Electrical outside mirror positioners (both sides)
- The buttons to position the seats in memory position 1 and 2.

Funny enough, the seat positioners do work.

I was thinking it was a fuse but I checked all fuses and they seem fine though I would love to know exactly what fuse(s) are providing power to the affected circuit(s).

Anyone have similar problems or does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram to understand which parts or circuits may be causing this problem.

I am not wanting to rush to the dealer because the problem is intermittent and likely will work for the dealer and the less they mess with it the better (at least that is my experience with previous vehicles).

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I bet its a loose connection on one of the wiring harnesses. I do recommend you take it back to the dealership. If there are any service bulletins out, they can take care of them now.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I donot have these problems and haven't heard about them either. YOu should go to the dealer and ask the sealer to change these buttons for you. Sounds like bad connection.

·
Registered
47 Posts
On a couple of occasions I have felt like the memory seat/steering wheel/mirror positions move to the positions set for my wife's key fob and not for the positions I set with mine. It sounds a bit confusing, but once in awhile it feels like it gets the settings mixed up with the particular key fob.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Have you set your memory settings and mated them to key fobs? Sounds to me like it is trying to return to memory settings or something along those lines. Or just a loose wire/wiring harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having a similar problem with my new JX (purchased in May '13). I am unable to set the seat memory, steering column memory or outside mirror memory (the Set buttons will not light up at all; pressing them after making the adjustments does nothing). Although those things will adjust and it's only an annoying memory issue, THE OUTSIDE MIRRORS WILL NOT ADJUST at all. The radio presets are not being remembered by the individual keyfobs currently either. This has now happened twice; the first time I took it back to the dealer and although I think they were stumped as well, they supposedly replaced something in an attempt to fix it but when I got it back (needed it for the weekend), it was still not fixed. However, several days later--POOF--everything was working again. After a month or so--POOF--the same problem returns. I'm taking it to the dealer again tomorrow--if anyone has a suggestion as to what might be causing the problem, I would greatly appreciate your insight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is how me and my wife are using

- I programmed both keys as per manual and most importantly when i was programming the first key, i kept the second key away (IE, I programmed my key at my work and Programmed her at her work place)
- When we done using the vehicle, we set the rule to lock the key by using the lock nob ( present on the handle). we got better results by locking and each person unlock with their corresponding keys. we then verified the memory button lights

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wanted to update the post--the dealership fixed the problem with my JX. They said the driver seat power control module was shorted out and once they replaced it, the outside mirror adjustment started working and the seat memory, steering column memory and outside mirror memory began working again as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts