Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought an Infiniti JX with the theater package as one of the options. How do you play two different dvds if the kids in the 2nd row don't want to watch the same dvd? The car doesn't have a multi-disc changer, so I assume you put one dvd into the changer in the front console, and then to play a second dvd for the other passenger in the 2nd row do you have to hook up a portable dvd player to the audio/video jacks in the 2nd row console? Seems like a big pain.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think the only way to watch two dvds at the same time is by pluging in a portable dvd player into the audio/video jacks in second row console. I'm not sure if you can watch a video by using the USB plug located in the center console.

·
Registered
275 Posts
We bought an Infiniti JX with the theater package as one of the options. How do you play two different dvds if the kids in the 2nd row don't want to watch the same dvd? The car doesn't have a multi-disc changer, so I assume you put one dvd into the changer in the front console, and then to play a second dvd for the other passenger in the 2nd row do you have to hook up a portable dvd player to the audio/video jacks in the 2nd row console? Seems like a big pain.
You would have to use a dvd player for the other screen plugged into the center console.
Even a multi-disc changer usually has a single head. They could only read one dvd at a time. I could be wrong on this.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It is a bit of a pain, and one of the reasons why I don't care for factory dvd systems. We have the same issue in our Toyota Sienna. What we did was burn movies to a hard drive and hooked up a WDTV ($70 on Amazon.com) to the aux. input.... Not to mention, if you pick up a cheap dvd player and plug it in, it's going to skip on bumpy roads.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It is a bit of a pain, and one of the reasons why I don't care for factory dvd systems. We have the same issue in our Toyota Sienna. What we did was burn movies to a hard drive and hooked up a WDTV ($70 on Amazon.com) to the aux. input.... Not to mention, if you pick up a cheap dvd player and plug it in, it's going to skip on bumpy roads.
Yep. That is what I've experienced as well. Getting the external hardrive via aux input is the most reliable way. But from what I know there is no way to play different movies from the same dvd unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts