Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have noticed little leak from time to time on driver and passenger side this morning after we had 2.5" rain last night had 1" water in my weather tech floor mat seems to be hitting the emergency brake release 1st the the floor I have searched forums for related questions found none are there sunroof drains or anything any one knows of that stop up and where to get to them to clean them out. 2013 JX35 all packages. I have an older Range rover and sunroof lines stop up all the time and also air conditioner lines and have to clean them regular. Also very little water on passenger side mat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jimco1,

I've had this problem many times before. The problem is that the moon roof drains are clogged. They can be clogged in two main spots - the first one is at the moonroof drain holes themselves. Open the moonroof and take a look at the front corner of the moonroof. If it's clogged, try to get some bendable wire to scrape the area clean. We used weed trimmer wire which was plastic and can bend easily. Snake it down as much as you can to remove the clog. Some people use an air compressor or compressed air in a can to push out the clog as well.

The next area to check would be where the drains meet the engine wall. For the passenger side, you would have to remove the glove box (not too hard as there should be about 6 screws from what I can remember). Once removed, (be careful to un-assemble the glove box lights) look all the way up into the dash and you can see the clear plastic tube and how it sits into a nozzle on the engine wall. You can pull the clear tube out and then stick something into the opening to clear any blockage.

For the driver's side, you would have to remove the lower panel of the dash and then you can see the same clear tube going into the wall. The problem with this one is the space to get to it is very small. I had to have my wife pull this one out and clean it cause her hands and arms were smaller.

Once these areas are clear, you should be ok, however I can relay that I still have this problem every year or so which makes me have to unclog them all over again. We park under a large tree and all the junk from the tree just clogs our drains no matter what we do.

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts