Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I had some built up nasty blue salt around my door handle from the roads. I cleaned it off last week, and thought nothing of it. Yesterday I ran it through a car wash and got out to vacuum. The area below the door handle was covered in blue gunk running down, probably dislodged by the car wash.

I looked real close at it and rubbed more of the blue gunk off, and it had rust underneath.

I don't notice this happening on the other door handles, but it's happening on the pull of the handle and the lock side as well. I've attached a few pics. 1 underneath the pull and the other by the lock side.

I'll have to call the dealer and get it in. Wouldn't expect the car to have corrosion issues after 4k miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Salt is corrosive. Looks like it got into the nooks and crannies that the car wash does not really get to. Leave it there long enough and you will get rust.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like 1-2 days? I cleaned it all off again on Monday with a nylon detail brush and today there is more caked on blue gunk. None of the other handles have it. There has to be some defect in the plating on that handle. My 7 year old GM SUV that had chrome handles and chrome side steps never did this. I would have expected it on that vehicle.

Will let you all know what the dealer says. Hopefully it's a one off issue, but posted here in case others might see it on one of their handles at some point.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Strange. Unless you went surfing with the JX, it shouldn't do this after only a few thousand miles. The plating must be botched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts