Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found by accident that double pressing the Map button while navigating brings up a split screen with all sorts of points along the route shown on the left, but with a bright green background instead of the dark green background for the normal routing information. (Although when passing the location, the box shows light green on the bottom fading to dark green on top, for unknown reasons.)

What are these? Points of interest or something? Most show a straight arrow, and none cause the voice to talk when near or passing them, so they are not part of the route. Can I control what information it points out, or see a summary/explanation of what the point is?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Are you talking about the route-by-route directions by distance listed on the left, with the shortest change towards the bottom?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That description sounds about right, except mine contains a whole lot of stuff other than each turn. Each press of the map buttons toggles it displayed split screen or not. But none of them are necessary directions for reaching my destination. I am accustomed to it showing split screen only when there is a turn to make.

They have small icons on their lower right, which look like they might be icons for gas, food, lodging, etc. Can I get more information about what the icons are referring to, like a list of food locations?

·
Registered
524 Posts
They have small icons on their lower right, which look like they might be icons for gas, food, lodging, etc. Can I get more information about what the icons are referring to, like a list of food locations?
Ok, I understand. The little icons are user enabled through the nav options. You can show food, gas, POI's, etc... You can select one, some, or all.

Personally, I wish there was a setting to only show the map, not the "map summary" that shows distance until each turn. I find the font too small to be meaningful that a simple picture won't solve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts