Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know if we can set it to unlock the doors when we shift back to Park? sometimes I want to get out of the vehicle and leave the engine running but the vehicle is lock unless you turn off the engine or press the unlock button. thnks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, it's configurable in Vehicle Setting in your JX's menu.
In "Auto Unlock", you can choose either "Unlock when Engine OFF" or "Unlock when in Park"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Safety Issue

Due to safety issues, you cannot program the vehicle to unlock when putting it in park. Infiniti's fear is that someone may try to get into your car when you are not ready or something worse. I don't think they will ever change this feature. FYI

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, it's configurable in Vehicle Setting in your JX's menu.
In "Auto Unlock", you can choose either "Unlock when Engine OFF" or "Unlock when in Park"
Due to safety issues, you cannot program the vehicle to unlock when putting it in park. Infiniti's fear is that someone may try to get into your car when you are not ready or something worse. I don't think they will ever change this feature. FYI
So can you or can't you? Which is correct?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Here is what the manual states on Page 2-19:
Auto Door Unlock
The auto door unlock function automatically unlocks all the doors when the shift selector is placed in P (park) position. From the Vehicle Settings menu, select “Auto Door Unlock”. Use the ENTER button to enable/disable this function.

If you need a copy of the owner's manuals, you can download the pdf versions here: https://owners.infinitiusa.com/iowners/navigation/manualsAndGuides

1 - 8 of 8 Posts