Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share a good experience from the dealership this week. Our JX originally had a light rattle in the dash that has since disappeared but had an annoying rattle next to the right front seat. I took the car in for the latest recall (they re-programmed the computer and fixed the weird issue with a warning light that would come on and then kick off the nannies) and they sent their best technician who specializes in squeaks and rattles on a test drive with me. He found the problem right away and he was able to fix it in a couple hours. The "B" post (the one right behind the front seat) trim had little insulation and a bad clip.

What impressed me was that he knew a lot about all Infiniti's and a few months ago fixed a JX with the dash rattle. He said the noise was so obvious that it drove him crazy. What he did to fix the problem was to work on one component at at time (such as removing the navigation unit screen), assess what could be causing the problem and if he found something, he'd fix it, then take the car back on the road to see if it was still there. He found that there was another rattle radiating deeper in the dash, so he went back in and found it, repeated the prices and was successful. He said the customer has not had the problem re-occur after about 3 months.

I have to say I really appreciate the level of expertise with this dealership, and the customer service from Infiniti. I love the fact that the service advisor spends plenty of time reviewing with the customer what service is needed, its documented and followed up on. Its also nice to have a new loaner car sitting there waiting for you.

·
Registered
275 Posts
There is a rattle in our car that I think is coming from the right side back seat (2nd row) which disappears every time I take it to the dealer :)
Good to know that you have gotten good service. Our local dealer has been good, too. They have taken care of all my complaints and their service has been great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had rattles and squeaks from my Jx as well delivered December 2013 - 3 times to dealer - on 3d try, there is a plastic trim piece on second row behind driver. They padded this and reinstalled -now only rattle is from dash and 3d row over bumps. Anyone else having issues with lots of rattles.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We had a problem in the headliner. It was almost as if a piece of double stick tape was used to hold it up and it had come loose. We pushed it back up tightly - after a few tries at this, it seems to have held. We'll see.

Also have the dash rattle occasionally and the B pillar rattle occasionally.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We had a problem in the headliner. It was almost as if a piece of double stick tape was used to hold it up and it had come loose. We pushed it back up tightly - after a few tries at this, it seems to have held. We'll see.

I'd bring it in for repair because it will drive you nuts over time. I'm still satisfied with the repair my dealership performed on my B pillar rattle. Its about a one hour job. Not sure about the head liner but I'd think they could see if the could make sure that issue is fixed too.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

I'd bring it back to the dealership. When it gets hot its going to fall down again and one day it's not going to go back up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts