Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't for me, even if I'm on the phone for a while, and it seems strange that it would let the music keep playing instead of pausing it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, it does happen to our JX also. If you are listening to music or an audio book and you get a call, the music/audio book seems to have been paused and you are able to take the call. Once the call is over the music/audio book was supposed to play from when it stopped but I always notice that it was not paused and has been running in the background. I will be letting the technician know about it as part of the next visit. It is really annoying if you are listening to an audio book and get a call, you know that now you have listen from the beginning as we do not have any rewind feature:(.

Wheeling,
Just to clarify, the music/radio seems to have stopped but it looks like it is basically being muted and not stopped or paused.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Yes, the sound is muted, the play is continued, so you miss some content. Software bug, I guess.
This is one of those minor but annoying items that Nissan/Infiniti should be going back to their sub-contractor supplier and demanding a revision of the software. From what I can tell, there isn't a way to pause while a call is in progress.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is one of those minor but annoying items that Nissan/Infiniti should be going back to their sub-contractor supplier and demanding a revision of the software. From what I can tell, there isn't a way to pause while a call is in progress.
They should indeed. Any idea if infiniti has done anything about it yet?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I'd guess/bet that one of two things are at work here. Either 1) for some reason it isn't possible to make it pause, or 2) an engineer overlooked this.

Along the lines of #1, is audio completely muted, or just lowered to such a level that we can't/can barely hear it? If it is the latter, then that would explain things.

Either way, next time I get a chance to talk with a product person or engineer from Infiniti at work, I'll try to remember to bring this up. I noticed it the other day for the first time. It performs the same way across all Infinitis - not just the JX. I only noticed it because I was listening to a podcast on my iPhone while driving a G37 Convertible. For music you don't really notice, but for an audio book or podcast, then you notice because you miss something.

In the meantime, file this under First World Problems.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Technically, it must be possible to pause it in some sense, as it charges but does not play when the car is off.

I did notice that if you hit the Status button when on a phone call, it shows the iPod screen with the song time continuing to advance, but the stereo ignores all attempts to control/stop/pause it -- except the stereo on/off button! So if you know you're going to be on a long call, you can at least stop your favorite music.

Some may ask -- why does it matter? Well, with smart playlists that say not to play anything played in the last 10 days, you may miss some of your favorite songs for a while. For example, my wife and I each have a 20+ minute drive home after work (from different directions), so we talk on our cell phones, and I'm missing all the music playing in the background.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts