Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put in names and phone numbers both into the handset phonebook and the vehicle phone book. However, when I recieve phone calls on my cellphone, ONLY the caller's number shows up on the screen, not their name.

Since I rarely have phone numbers memorized anymore, this is quite frustrating.

I have tried this with my Samsung Galaxy S III as well as the salesman's Iphone and no luck.

Is this feature not available or is there a way to have the caller's name show up?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I use the iPhone and the person's name shows on the JX center screen.

Check the phone history log (on the JX) to see if the name or # is listed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply.

It didn't work for me with even the salesman's iphone set up in my car.

Were your names stored in the handset phone book or the vehicle phonebook?

Does it matter if the name is stored in all capital letters or with with both upper and lower case letters?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Is this in your own car, or one that you were test driving? If you're test driving the car, and you've just set up a phone, it can take quite a while to download the handset phonebook to the car.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
If you haven't already done this, you might want to try going into settings and manually downloading the handset phonebook to the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. I'm using iPhone 4S.
I went back to the dealer to investigate. The dealer mentioned to me they have seen this issue on IOS (Apple) and Android (Samsung) phones. We tried to re-synch the phone contact entries and tried different blue tooth setting, etc. Nothing worked.

If I knew this limitation, I would not have bought this car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The issue is related to the number format the JX display, for example +15145551234. While all my 400+ contacts are listed as 1(514) 555-1234.

If you edit your “vehicle phone book” contact information to the following number format +15145551234, the caller Name is displayed.

However, this is a poor workaround since I have to manually enter each name and number into the “vehicle phone book”.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was finally able to get this to work. It is related to having a 1 in front of your phone numbers in your phone.

If the number is entered as just area code and number ( xxx-xxx-xxxx), it will work . Luckily, most of my numbers were entered this way.

It just happened that the contact I was using to test the caller ID function had been entered with a 1 in front. Once I removed it, it has been working fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts