Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
No they don't, they are just there for aesthetics.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No they don't light up, but that would have sure looked nice if they would have thought of that, what the hell were the designers thinking?

·
Registered
81 Posts
They are probably going to add LEDs to next years models.Like Toyota added really nice led strips to the Venza this year.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Shhh. Infiniti is going to shut down this discussion board if you people keep giving away the secrets of where they source materials.
Ha! Actually, I asked the same question when I first saw a JX. My salesman couldn't get them to turn on, so he called Infiniti. A couple of days later he sent me a note saying they are cosmetic. Rats! That would have been a good place for a nice little feature cheap. Heck, even Muranos have an accessory LED bar that integrates into the front of the car.

·
Administrator
74 Posts
every new car out there are coming out with these LED daytime running light systems. Looks great and all but every car on the road has it or try to customize one with those led stripes. The hype of it is no longer there unlike when this styling first came out on Audi cars.

Let's go back to history:

- Lexus IS first came out with Altezza clear tail lights... altezza style tail lamps became popular and made available for aftermarket buyers.
- BMW came out with the Halo Rings on the headlights, once again became popular and made available for aftermarket buyers.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I've checked with a Canadian dealership and they don't have LED running lights available currently but they have installed aftermarket LEDs on other Infiniti vehicles like the FX and G. They have those lights on their web site and basically it looks like they put a row of three underneath the light in the fog lamp. My guess is that there will be aftermarket LEDs soon. I just don't know why Infiniti didn't incorporate them in the JX since they sure made it look like they have them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've checked with a Canadian dealership and they don't have LED running lights available currently but they have installed aftermarket LEDs on other Infiniti vehicles like the FX and G. They have those lights on their web site and basically it looks like they put a row of three underneath the light in the fog lamp. My guess is that there will be aftermarket LEDs soon. I just don't know why Infiniti didn't incorporate them in the JX since they sure made it look like they have them.
Hi BobOB, if you don't mind me asking, which dealership did you contact? If you could please provide me with a link I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts