Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, the finance guy we had tried to talk us into leasing. No idea why, they probably get a better cut. Leasing would be fine if I wanted to dump the car in a couple years for a new one.

We took the $1k cash for Infiniti financing at the incredibly above market rate financing (4.89% for us, and both of us have credit scores over 800). I just refinanced for 1.5% and no fees with PenFed credit union all through the internet in about 5-10 min. You can obtain elig. to this credit union by donating $15-20 to a good cause (for military families) or you may qualify some other way. They sent me a check to payoff Infiniti and some paperwork to sign.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Ziggy, if you asked about payments, they may have assumed that was your focus re: the deal. If someone is focused only on payments, leasing is typically a more attractive way to go.

To answer your question, in my experience it is an unpredictable mix of lease, finance and just writing a check (I live/work where there are a lot of high net worth people who have $50K+ in the bank to write a check).

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think with a totally new car like this in it's first year of production is something thats better to be leased, so if it has a ton of problems and your not liking it....at least it's only a matter of time till it's out of your hands and in the end your not really losing much. and if you love it, you have the option of taking over the lease....

leasing is the way to go.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I sure wish I had leased the JX -- especially after suffering two major oil leak repairs within the first three months -- including a failed rear main seal. Buyer beware on this first year model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The current lease deal is hard to beat. Good Cap cost deals, high residual and almost non-existent MF. Save a couple of hundred a month vs. finance payment, invest it elsewhere to get it working for you instead of invested in a depreciating asset. No concerns over the resale value of the car dropping if gas prices skyrocket... that is Infiniti's problem. 39 month lease rides out the new model issues with JX, let's Acura and Lexus introduce their redesigns and work out the bugs, then in 3 years you can buy your JX (probably wouldn't do that because of the inflated residuals), lease or buy a new infiniti and forgo the disposition fee, or choose one of the new competitive models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A lease is only good for the dealer. Never ever,ever, ever lease unless you have an endless flow of money. Find out what "Dave Ramsey" says about leasing and you will never do it. I did once, but never again.

·
Registered
248 Posts
How about just pay for it? Doesn't anyone (else) do that?

I would call the oil leaks bad luck, not a first year problem. That VQ35 motor has been out for years in Nissan company cars. Even still, I am glad that the first year issues like the fuel system recalls were worked out on the JXs a while ago, before my Pathfinder was built.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts