Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out driving today and the Distance to Empty was getting low, in the high 20s so the warning came on. So I stopped to fill up partially, 4 gallons, stopped to press no to the receipt and got in the car. When the car started, the distance to empty on the main screen shows **** mile while the smaller screen between the tach and speedo was at 28m. After driving another 30+ miles, the smaller screen showed 23m while the larger one was still ****. After I got home, turned off the car and came back after 2 mins, started it up again, then both screens show 155 miles left.

Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I saw the same thing happen when we test drove the new Pathfinder and had to get fuel with the salesman. The large screen did not reset and just displayed ***** for the rest of the test drive. We just bought a JX this sunday and I noticed that the indicated fuel mileage is different on the big screen and the small screen so I am not sure how these two systems get their information. Our little screen shows 15.6 mpg and the big one indicates 14.9 mpg. Yes, I am not happy with these low numbers when it EPA estimates 18 city. It had better come up.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I saw the same thing happen when we test drove the new Pathfinder and had to get fuel with the salesman. The large screen did not reset and just displayed ***** for the rest of the test drive. We just bought a JX this sunday and I noticed that the indicated fuel mileage is different on the big screen and the small screen so I am not sure how these two systems get their information. Our little screen shows 15.6 mpg and the big one indicates 14.9 mpg. Yes, I am not happy with these low numbers when it EPA estimates 18 city. It had better come up.
Give it some time. I noticed the same thing but after multiple fill ups the system seems to be pretty accurate. The Status screen has been showing 22.1 mpg typically which is the historical reading and the small screen shows more real time averages. I've experienced the same thing on our Armada and Rogue also. Several of my previous vehicles had similar technology and they were about as accurate as the Nissan systems.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for the mpg, it looks like the two screens were reset at different times. So if you want it to match up, you would have to reset them again together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts