Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
There are too little information for the Pathfinder yet. Based on the photos published, I would think there should be some difference in the body and shape. The interior trim of Pathfinder should be a lower level than the JX. But the engin and transmition are the same. Basically same vehicle but different trims.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The pathfinder has a speculated 3.5L V6. Don't know if the frame is the same but I'm pretty sure they will be priced very differently. The pathfinder will probably be more suited to go off road then the JX but the JX will have more luxury features.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The Infiniti JX does a good job at making it's interior and exterior design different from the Pathfinder, see for yourself:

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Pictures:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks fo rthe photos. This reminds me teh Nissan Amanda and Infiniti QX56 several years ago. They are definitly based ont eh same frame. Even the interior similarities are more than differeence. I understand that using the same frame saves money for Nissan/infiniti, but too similar will hurt the JX sale.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The pathfinder has a speculated 3.5L V6. Don't know if the frame is the same but I'm pretty sure they will be priced very differently. The pathfinder will probably be more suited to go off road then the JX but the JX will have more luxury features.
It's not really a frame, the two will share a floorpan and drivetrain, since both vehicles have unitary bodies and not ladder frames(body on frame) like the QX56/Armada or a Chevy Tahoe, for example.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's not really a frame, the two will share a floorpan and drivetrain, since both vehicles have unitary bodies and not ladder frames(body on frame) like the QX56/Armada or a Chevy Tahoe, for example.
Ahhhhh. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks for posting those photos btw. Was just looking for them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So after some research on the new Pathfinder, it looks like it'll get almost everything that's on the JX. Things like easy to adjust seats, 360 degree camera view, button engine start, remote engine start, same Bose audio system, same engine, ... Basically it looks like everything that's on the JX will be on the Pathfinder. Pathfinder's price starts in the very low $30k, which means it's like $10k cheaper than the JX.

So why would you pay an extra $10k for a JX??? Since I cannot wait till the end of the year for the Pathfinder to release, looks like I'll have to settle with the JX. Does anyone have any info on what other features that's on the JX but will not be available on the Pathfinder? I would love to hear it and why you'll pick the JX.

·
Registered
289 Posts
There is really no much difference. Just like the old QX56 and Amdada. I guess you pay premiium for the Infiniti brand. I can't wait for the end of the year and so JX is the choice.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Well the design is different. I'm sure there are a list of differences. The Infiniti is definitely more luxurious.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The pathfinder has selectable all time 4wd, 2wd, and auto 4ws mode, can tow up to 5000 pound. Much better than the JX.

I think it doesn't have to high tech in the JX, such as BCI eta. But still, may be a better choice, for most people. Anyoen knows the price?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone know Will the JX infiniti have the option of captain chairs in the second row seat ( like Audi Q7) in the future ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts