Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW owns: BMW, Mini, and Rolls Royce
Fiat owns: Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati; Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep–20-percent stake
Ford Motor Company owns: Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo (for now), and still owns 13.4 percent of Mazda
General Motors owns: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC. Also owns a controlling interest in Daewoo, as well as Opel and Vauxhall in Europe and Holden in Australia. (Pontiac to be discontinued)
Honda owns: Honda, Acura
Hyundai owns: Hyundai, Kia
Tata Motors (India) owns: Jaguar and Land Rover
Mazda (partially owned by Ford)

Mitsubishi
Daimler AG owns: Mercedes-Benz and Smart
Nissan owns: Nissan and Infiniti (Nissan is owned by Renault--France)
Porsche owns: Porsche and a majority share in Volkswagen
Subaru (A controlling interest of Subaru is owned by Toyota)

Suzuki
Toyota Motor Company owns: Lexus, Toyota, Scion, Daihatsu and Hino Motors, with a stake in Fuji Industries (Subaru’s parent company) and Isuzu
Volkswagen owns: Audi, Volkswagen, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and overseas SEAT and Skoda.
In formal negotiations to be sold:
Hummer: Tengzhong (China)
Saturn: Penske Automotive Group
Saab: Koenigsegg (Sweden)
I didn't know all of the ownerships but I did know the big ones.

Always cool to know who is involved with who.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very interesting list. I did not realize how many brands are owned by just a few companies. Fiat is much bigger than I thought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn't know all of the ownerships but I did know the big ones.

Always cool to know who is involved with who.
The porsche one is incorrect its the other way around
Volkswagen Group currently owns 13 automotive brands; Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT, Škoda, Volkswagen, MAN, Scania, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, and partial ownership of Suzuki Motor Corporation (Suzuki Brand, and Maruti Suzuki.Volkswagen Group also makes motorcycles under the Ducati brand[13] It is divided into two primary divisions, the Automotive Division and the Financial Services Division, and consists of approximately 340 subsidiary companies.[14] The company has operations in approximately 150 countries and operates 94 production facilities across 24 countries. It holds a 19.9% non-controlling shareholding in Suzuki. Volkswagen Group also has a joint-venture with SAIC under Shanghai Volkswagen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts