Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All. I've read that there are a few of you from DFW.

We are in the works to solidify purchasing a JX. We've finally committed to a color and packages. I've been communicating with many dealerships throughout DFW and Austin to get the best price. Can anyone message (you can personal message me if you want) me about their experience/ concerns/ or places that offer the best deals?
Much appreciated!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the same situation in the New York metropolitan area. Curious as to how they are bundling the package options in your area. Here, if you want the touring package, you must buy the theater package(which I Don't Want) which bumps the price significantly. I am being quoted 36 mos./ 12,000 mi. No money down & all taxes included around $650 for Premium/ Driver Assistance packages & $710 for premium/ driver assistance/ theater/ touring packages.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would avoid Crest Infiniti in Plano. I ordered a JX in late May, then got a call telling me it would be in week of July 23-28th. Call them on Thursday the 27th to have them tell me they "accidently" sold my JX to somebody else. They have the poorest customer service in a dealership I have ever worked with. Avoid them at all costs. Private message me if you want more info. Went down to Sewell and was treated like royalty and got a great deal. Would highly recommend Erica there.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would avoid Crest Infiniti in Plano. I ordered a JX in late May, then got a call telling me it would be in week of July 23-28th. Call them on Thursday the 27th to have them tell me they "accidently" sold my JX to somebody else. They have the poorest customer service in a dealership I have ever worked with. Avoid them at all costs. Private message me if you want more info. Went down to Sewell and was treated like royalty and got a great deal. Would highly recommend Erica there.
Crest installed a tow package last week and didn't bother screwing in one of the 3-main bolts that hold the hitch to the car. It's just sad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The exact same thing happened to me at Crest. I wound up buying another JX on the lot at Crest that wasn't equipped exactly the way we wanted it, but we're happy with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a base JX from Allison Cohen at Sewell Infiniti in Dallas. I had a great experience. Great price, great customer service. One of the best car buying experiences I have had. I came from Little Rock to buy my car from Sewell.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Grubbs has been moving a lot of volume, but i can tell you they wont budge on price!!
Grubbs will deal. I had an offer for about $1k off and some free upgrades/maintenance but canceled after after 4 delays, poor sales service, and backing out of some of the deal. It also took a month to get my deposit back, even after escalating to the sales manager and nearly 20 requests.

Do yourself a favor and avoid Grubbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you need to get an automobile, you need to consider something with a guarantee. Occasionally, you can get an extended warranty on a used vehicle too! There is a site I used to help me pick out the vehicle I wanted, and it even helped me get an auto loan. Car Deal Expert

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi All,

Soon after I posted this we went ahead and ordered from Sewell Dallas (ordered 7/31). We had some concerns about Grubbs from the get-go when they were unable to verify specs on an incoming JX.

Unfortunetely we still haven't taken delivery of the JX, nor does Sewell have date more than 10/2012.

I'm wondering what others have experienced with ordering their JX. Longer than 8 weeks for delivery? I keep wondering if the one I ordered was sold and they had to reorder one?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Hi All,

Soon after I posted this we went ahead and ordered from Sewell Dallas (ordered 7/31). We had some concerns about Grubbs from the get-go when they were unable to verify specs on an incoming JX.

Unfortunetely we still haven't taken delivery of the JX, nor does Sewell have date more than 10/2012.

I'm wondering what others have experienced with ordering their JX. Longer than 8 weeks for delivery? I keep wondering if the one I ordered was sold and they had to reorder one?
I still think they are trying to keep up with demand. They've started producing the Nissan Pathfinder and I bet that has impacted the number of JX's coming off the line. We waited 9 weeks for ours, but that was because of it needing to be transported all over the country.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I still think they are trying to keep up with demand. They've started producing the Nissan Pathfinder and I bet that has impacted the number of JX's coming off the line. We waited 9 weeks for ours, but that was because of it needing to be transported all over the country.

Thanks for the information. I hadn't considered that the pathfinder is now in production.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Is Sewell at least treating you well with regular updates? Also, did you get a vin when you ordered the car? If not, request one. This allows you to better track the vehicle and call them out if they play BS games like Grubbs and Crest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No updates from Sewell until I finally touched base about 2 weeks ago (at which time it had been about 6 weeks from order). I was told it shouldn't be much longer; however, no vin number or no other information was provided to me.

So it sounds like a vin number number can be requested; I'll try that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.