Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this was discussed in a different thread, but is there a delay in production or is this vehicle that popular?
My JX went into production on April 17th and dealer said it would be shipped some time in May then was updated saying that the vehicle would be done in around June. But it gets worst, checked with dealer couple days ago and now was told it was pushed back to July. Not happy about it at all, anyone with info? Thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
That seems like a scheduling/coordination problem with your dealership, not the manufacturer. Sounds kinds like they sold your JX and are trying to blame manufacturing.

Get the VIN number from the dealer. If they don't provide it. Go elsewhere.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry I forgot to mention this in the first post, I actually went into the dealership and my sales rep check the order status on the computer with the order number that he got from the manufacturer. It showed when my order was placed and then showed the ETA in July.

·
Registered
275 Posts
They kept doing that for me initially. That they would order one from the factory and that it would take 8 weeks from order. They also said they might be able to get one in a month if they could change an existing order.
I kept shopping around. I was stuck on a Black/Black AWD with all options. Inspite of wanting a specific color with all packages, I was able to get quotes from 3 of them for cars they would trade from other dealerships. Of course they all asked for an extra 950 for shipping from the other dealership which I flat out refused. Anyway they were making 3.5k over invoice.
My advice is to keep calling dealers around you. I'm sure atleast one will be able to find a car you will like.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I don't see the popularity happening on the JX. It's likely a delay on the production. My dealer has only gotten 1 JX in so far. They don't know when they are getting the next one. I think production is SLOW.

You would think its delayed because it was being made overseas but the JX is being made here.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't know, my local dealer got quite a few of them. YOU can actually check your local dealer inventory on the infiniti site. A lot of dealers have more than a dozen on the lot and another dozen in order. Seems this thing moves pretty fast.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You will find that most of the cars that show in dealer inventory are actually already sold. My current dealer shows they have over 10 on the lot but they actually only have 1 available to sell. Also I picked my JX up last week but it still shows on the lot on the infiniti site -- you really need to call that dealer to really see what is truely available.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't see the popularity happening on the JX. It's likely a delay on the production. My dealer has only gotten 1 JX in so far. They don't know when they are getting the next one. I think production is SLOW.

You would think its delayed because it was being made overseas but the JX is being made here.
My dealer has none and has sold many. Your dealer is obviously not a volume dealer; where are you located??

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm guessing that the delays may have something to do with the quality issues that were mentioned in the Technical Discussion board. It may be that Infiniti is taking extra QC steps to prevent some of these quality issues, so it is taking them longer to produce the car. In the Ordered JX thread, I noticed that some of the folks who ordered their cars early received them after around 4 weeks. More recently, it seems like dealers have been quoting 8 weeks or more.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Spoke to my jx sales person today. My jx, which was ordered on 5/4 is still scheduled to be built this month. Still have no VIN# for actual assembly dates. Will keep posting if anything changes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not sure if this is true, but I was told by my local dealership that inventory is tightly controlled and based upon sales. If a dealership is not selling many, or not selling quick enough, their allotment falls (this includes ordered JX's). Infiniti wants to keep the turnover high at the moment so if a dealer is not moving inventory, they won't get any more JX's until demand begins to level off.....

·
Registered
524 Posts
Not sure if this is true, but I was told by my local dealership that inventory is tightly controlled and based upon sales. If a dealership is not selling many, or not selling quick enough, their allotment falls (this includes ordered JX's). Infiniti wants to keep the turnover high at the moment so if a dealer is not moving inventory, they won't get any more JX's until demand begins to level off.....
Was this from a dealer that keeps slipping your arrival date?

Unsure why the manufacturer cares, as long as they sell them to the dealers. The manufacturer still makes money. It's the dealer who loses, by offering below MSRP.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I doubt there is a problem in production. I think it is pure demand. Infiniti sold more than 2000 JX in April, this is really good for a new model, especially for infiniti, which sells a lot less cars than other major brands.
While still waiting for my JX, I run into my sale rep and he told me that they are selling one JX every day, which is a lot.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Because of delays in my order (originally told May delivery, then they said June), I bought one off the lot at another dealer that had the right options I wanted. When I asked for my $500 deposit back, there was not one complaint from the ordering salesman, he just congratulated me and sent me the credit card receipt with the deposit credit within 2 days. He knows he can sell that car for more than I would have been willing to pay. The demand is pretty high right now around here.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I get the impression that this was a soft release. Our dealership did receive about 7 or 8 and they sold like hot cakes. I could not believe how many people came into the dealership while we were there to see the new JX. We traded in our 2010 Armada and are driving a dealer QX56 until ours arrived. Ironically, our Armada sold right away to a family that wanted a JX. I'm wondering if the delay has something to do with the upcoming production of the new Nissan Pathfinder since its coming off the same lot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too am getting the run around. Order early April and its still not here today. I was told the hold up has to do with arm rest not being available. Kind of hazy excuse if you ask me.
If it does not show up soon I will buy my wife something else.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I get the impression that this was a soft release. Our dealership did receive about 7 or 8 and they sold like hot cakes. I could not believe how many people came into the dealership while we were there to see the new JX. We traded in our 2010 Armada and are driving a dealer QX56 until ours arrived. Ironically, our Armada sold right away to a family that wanted a JX. I'm wondering if the delay has something to do with the upcoming production of the new Nissan Pathfinder since its coming off the same lot.
How do you like that HUGE QX?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I too am getting the run around. Order early April and its still not here today. I was told the hold up has to do with arm rest not being available. Kind of hazy excuse if you ask me.
If it does not show up soon I will buy my wife something else.
Put down $1K on March 30th and was told it would be available early May. I called early May and was told it would be the 18th. Called the 16th to set schedule a pickup time and was told it would be sometime this week. It's Thursday night and the dealership doesn't have the decency to call.

Unsure why I'm dealing with a dealership that doesn't bother calling at least once/week to tell me they have an/no update. Seriously considering canceling my order and just waiting 6 months.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Everyone is like a kid, sadly people are like that and profesionallism only goes so far, but i guess give them once last date, and if the car is a no show then just refund and cancel the whole order.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i also have reason to believe it was a soft release, i have yet to spot a JX yet i heard about some getting sold. weird....

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.