Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't really think it would be this complicated, however it is now almost 72 hours later after I was told it was going to take two hours initially to install the remote starter. Apparently all the glitches have not been worked out for factory installed remote starters. As it stands, Infiniti is in the process of updating some sort of software in my vehicle to make it work. I already have the premium package, but was not too thrilled about bells and whistles going off in my car every five minutes so I decided to fore go the driver's assistance package. I am terribly disappointed that Infinity did not take the time to work out all the glitches-I expected more. I tried to just cancel the remote start installation today and get my vehicle back, but now my 1 week old brand new car will not start. I will keep you updated

·
Registered
157 Posts
72 hours seems like a bery long time for an issue like that. Did they update you with whats being done or what the issue seems to be? Maybe a part they are trying to locate is on back order or something. I would demand to know what the status is on the repair.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good to know. I was thinking of picking up the factory one I've seen on eBay and doing it myself. I guess I'll hold off for a little longer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They said it was a software issue. The computers were not talking to each other (the key fob and car comptuer). If it is not fixed by today, I will tell them don't worry about it and ask for my $600 back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
$600? In Canada here, the factory remote starter option is ~$450 Canadian.
I'd thought about order it too but then decided to save the money... and save the environment too by reducing idling fume and waste of fuel. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
^ so nice of you. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: My vehicle is still being worked on. I am going to request another vehicle on Monday. I am a new mother and really don't have the energy to deal with any problems with this vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts