Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For people with "Dynamic Driver Assistant" button, do you use it?
In my last two weeks driving, I was using it in Chicago downtown and highways.

Looks like DCA (distant control assistant) is aggressive, so is that safe to use it? Once in busy local traffic near Michigan avenue, I was trying to switch to left lane (not switch yet, but focus on left), while the car in the front suddenly did a break, then DCA kick in, and break my car as well.

I think BSI (Blind Spot Invention) really work well, and I like it. Purely using BSW may not be enough action.

So anybody tried disable DCA from "Dynamic Dirver Assistant" settings?

·
Registered
69 Posts
You need to use your driving skills more than relying on these things. I do not use the DCA button because the BCI and the IBA are the only ones I really need- front and back collisions. I cannot see how you would want to use these in the city. Sounds too dangerous. The manual even says use the DCA ONLY when needed- which means sparingly.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
My impression so far is that DCA works much better on the freeway than around town. On city streets, it "goes off" too often and seemingly prematurely - given around-town speeds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I, too, have been wrestling with the DCA (even to the point of trying to find out if there was a way to set its distance as can be done with the Intelligent Cruise Control).

I've had my JX for two days now. All driving has been in town, and I find DCA to be an annoyance. My sales guy said it was best used in stop-and-go traffic, and I can see how -- theoretically -- it could keep me from slamming into the car in front of me if I dropped my eyes belw the dash or (God forbid) was texting and driving -- but during normal attentive driving, I don't think it's for me. And -- if I was careless enough to not keep my eyes on the road -- I'd be afraid that I would be careless enough not to turn DCA on in the first place :).

·
Registered
42 Posts
DCA is best for when you are in stop and go traffic. If you look away at the wrong moment, it could save you from rear ending the car in front of you. It's also useful in situations when you are trying to enter on an on-ramp in heavy traffic - if you look back to find a spot to merge and the person in front of you stops, you might not hit them. Other than that, it's not much help, IMO. I do like the BSI and LDP on the highway. The warnings are nice, but if the radio is loud or you are in a conversation, you might not hear them. BCI is awesome, as is Intelligent Cruise.

I wish there were a way to just assign DCA to its own on/off button, but I don't think there is.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The manual shows an option for reducing the sensitivity of the DCA. It somehow didn't make it through to us. I would have loved to set that based on gps location or speeds (local roads vs freeway).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I could see using it during commute on the expressways...stop and go type traffic.

I would say that I love the BSW, saved me a ton of times because of the huge blindspots.

Also like the intelligent cruise, one of the neatest things on the car I think...along with the cameras. I can set the exact MPH I want, go up/down easy if needed, and the distance level 3, 2, or 1 (usually I set to 1 bar).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wish there were a way to just assign DCA to its own on/off button, but I don't think there is.
The DCA should be off by default,and on the steering wheel under the cruise on/off button is the DCA button to turn it on and off. However, IBA will always be active by default.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts