Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I baught a new JX and it's already in the shop for noises in the dash. Just so happens that there is already another car in the same dealer for the same problem. There hasn't been much progress in a week I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything works out fine. It will be a magor bummer to have a new car with a rattling dash! Has anyone else experianced this problem? I'm wondering if it's a design issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll post the findings of the repair, hopefully I'll have my car back by the middle of next week. Just spoke with a neighbor that is a manager at a local Nissan dealer and he said that it happens all the time ( squeaks and rattles). That the fix could be anything from a zip-tie to a longer bolt in some cases. I'll be curious to see what it is.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'll post the findings of the repair, hopefully I'll have my car back by the middle of next week. Just spoke with a neighbor that is a manager at a local Nissan dealer and he said that it happens all the time ( squeaks and rattles). That the fix could be anything from a zip-tie to a longer bolt in some cases. I'll be curious to see what it is.
I hope your dealership resolves your issue and can pinpoint the source.
Luckily, I haven't had any problems with rattling noise. This is our first Infiniti, and I'm hoping I don't have such issues. Otherwise, I may need to consider Lexus next time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear that. This is also my first Infiniti and I would hate for this to ruin my so far very enjoyable car purchasing experience. I also would be heading to Lexus/Toyota.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My m35 had a rattling glovebox that drove me nuts. It went into the dealership 10 times because they could never figure it out or claimed to not hear it. I spend two hours a day driving to/from work everyday and that stuff makes me go crazy. my wife who simply turns up the radio claims it doesn't bother her.

I swore off infinities for years until I needed a new crossover. Next thing I knows I ordered a JX (although the wait process has been filled with horrible delays and dealer lies).

I hope my JX doesn't have this problem. Probably need to add this to the pick-up check list on another forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am ordering my JX fairly soon, replacing our 2010 RX350. I test drove the JX last week and much more refined and quiet compared to the RX. For some reason, the engine on the RX is very throaty, noisy and the stereo plainly sucks. The engine on our 2004 Sienna was a lot more quiet and smooth than the RX. There are other complaints from other RX forums and reviews regarding this. The JX is more like an ES in terms of smoothness and quietness. Wish I can trade our RX now, but none of the dealers around our area have the JX config that I want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealership's been working on this for a couple days now. They say its the vent tubes behind the dash. According to them, a pair of tubes appear to be a bit too close together and can rub against each other; particularly on hot days or during any body flex (going over bumps, leaning sideways, etc.). They put some insulating material between the tubes and claim that it solved the problem. They're bringing my car back tomorrow (7-7-12), so I'll update then...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine has rattles coming from the plastic mesh thingy on top of the dash (a center speaker? Or the in cabin filter vent?)
Anyway i took it to the dealer and they claimed they fixed it by putting some felt tape inside, and they also claimed that they found some rattles from behind the video screen (which i didnt hear any) and they said they took apart the video screen and fixed the noise there too.
When i picked up my JX, the rattle from the mesh on top of the dash is still there
I doubt that they really FIXED anything and i will have to report the issue again next time i will bring in the car

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
We've noticed a soft rattle behind the video screen only on rough pavement but will keep an eye on it just in case. I'm hoping those that have had the problem kepp us updated and specifically how it was fixed in case others need to bring their car in for the fix. Hopefully the dealerships will receive a bulletin from Infiniti on how to find and fix the problem. The only way they will do so is if they hear from the customers.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would recommend calling Infiniti Consumer Affairs with every problem or issue that occurs with your vehicle. They can at least keep a log of your reports and they may be able offer some solutions to try and keep you in the Infiniti family. My complaint to them worked out wonderfully for me.

I'm glad that my JX does NOT have any weird, unexpected noises. Mainly, I've noticed a lack of noises - lack of tire noise, lack of wind noise, lack of engine noise while cruising at high speed...

·
Registered
81 Posts
3rd time bringing my car into the dealers for rattle noise in the front dash area. After 3 days of driving my car around and 200km added to the od nothing. They just dont hear it, time to go to another dealer.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
When it comes to rattles its hard to diagnose exactly where its from. If you know how to take the dash apart maybe you could fix it yourself. I do hope Infiniti realizes that this is a problem and they fix it on future models and fix the existing JXs.

·
Registered
524 Posts
When it comes to rattles its hard to diagnose exactly where its from. If you know how to take the dash apart maybe you could fix it yourself. I do hope Infiniti realizes that this is a problem and they fix it on future models and fix the existing JXs.
Careful with this approach. Today's dash panels are huge and not easily removed without easily breaking tabs. You can easily create additional noises.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts