Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from an 1,800+ road trip and overall, zero issues. I'm fairly pleased with the 22.7 mpg average on regular fuel going from Dallas to the Rocky Mountains.

During the trip I noticed Cruise Control auto-slows slightly during decently-hard turns, then picks back up after exiting the curve. A few months back (May) I took a trip to Florida (+2k miles) and didn't notice this "feature". The only thing different is the Air Bag recall software update. Does anyone know if there was a general update that added the slow down?

I also just finished reading Car & Drivers Mercedes GL review and to sum it up, averaged 16 mpg, rattles galore, new brakes/rotors every 10K miles, electronics that regularly act up or fail and need to be rebooted (stop/start car), great V8 motor, and a price tag of +$~100k. I was closely considering the GL but read too many Edmunds articles about quality problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also had the airbag recall and just noticed the slow down on a 500 mile trip this weekend. I hate this new feature and is so annoying especially when you are going past a car on a 4 lane highway on a small curve and all the sudden it slows down what a stupid software change. I also feel that it is too aggressive on the brakes because instead of just letting off the gas and slowly coasting up to the set distance ours almost slams on the brakes then is hard back on the gas as soon as the car is out of the way. One other cruise control gripe I have is that even though the brakes are integrated and it has no problem using them for curves and cars in front for some dumb reason it can't use them to control the speed down hills, it just flashes the speed to let you know you are going over the set speed. I think it would have been much more helpful to allow the brakes to keep you at the set speed on hills rather than slowing on curves.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep, I just noticed the curve slow down this weekend.
As far as downhill speed control - instead of breaking, can they simulate (CVT) downshifting and running at higher RPMs (engine breaking)?

Peter

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mikidymac.

Thanks for the confirmation on the slow-down. Seems annoying rather than helpful.

Switch to Eco while using Cruise Control to lower the gas pedal response. Smooths out the ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts