Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I just wanted to share with you my experience thus far with the Infiniti JX's windshield. So I now have a cracked windshield. It started with a little star about a nickel size. I just passed an 18-wheeler and the wind made it crack into an 18-inch long hairline. We attempted to get it chip repaired just to stop it. The repair guy said this windshield was pretty weak. Around the frame its thick but it gets real thin as it goes towards the center. Well, unfortunately, the repair didn't work. But in defense, a few days after the repair it rained. So I can imagine dirt, oil and what have you may have seeped in. So it cracked another centimeter. Had it stopped again by another repair guy.

Well, the heat finally came to my town and it cracked it 4 inches and then after the day, the 4 inch crack became 12 inches. So now I have a 30 inch crack on my windshield.

I called 5 local shops. Here's my findings at this point in time:

• 1. There are no windshields yet from the vendor, maybe by end of 2013 year
  • 2. There are no windshields for the JX currently
  • 3. We have a windshield but special order but it'll cost $1276 installed
  • 4. I don't have a windshield but I can get one but I have never installed on the JX and not sure if clips would be broken. Cost $600
  • 5. Dealership- OEM glass installed is $875 + tax

#4 sounds like the best solution at this point due to price but I don't know how much additional it may cost if clips are involved.

My point with all this is that, the Infiniti JX Windshield is not of high structure quality glass. And currently is quite difficult to find a quality repair shop who can do it for less.

Anybody experience Weak Windshield trauma! LOL!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow, surprised the dealership has the cheapest option. Thanks for the research. If you go after-market make sure there are tint-gaps/holes for the camera behind the mirror.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts